SPEED RACER

Just got back from seeing it in IMAX. Not much to say except WOW. That was some insane shit. I don't know how people can even conceive let alone make movies like that, but kudos to the Wachowskis. I was very impressed by the entire thing. Highly recommended to anyone who wants to see some of the most insane shit ever laid to film. A 135 minute visual mind-fuck.

Classic Speed Racer? So you wanted it to be a poorly-animated 70's cartoon? I don't know how ANYONE could have been disappointed by this movie. And yes, the entire thing is seizure-enducing. Hell, even the credits were changing colors and almost made me puke.

Basically, this year is going to be the best year for movies ever. Hell, this month alone is better than all of last year. Iron Man, Speed Racer, AND Indiana Jones (and Narnia for you wizard nerds)? I am voting for Hollywood with all of my dollars.

I have no interest in this movie. I will say you know what you're getting into from the ads. No one is going to walk into this movie thinking it's a classic film or anything besides a special effects spectacular. So I think those who see it will like it.

However, I have no interest in seeing anime brought to life, or wasting $10 on a movie that attempts to carry itself solely on special effects. I'm looking at your, last to Matrix films, Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider.

However, I have no interest in seeing anime brought to life, or wasting $10 on a movie that attempts to carry itself solely on special effects. I'm looking at your, last two Matrix films, and Fantastic Four.

ghost rider was hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Srsly! I have no idea how you fuck up Ghost Rider. Cut the budget a bit, make it a hard R and don't hire Nick "Seriously you don't think I should mug for the camera just a little more?" Cage!

I really don't understand the Nic Cage hatred. He has been in some GREAT movies...Raising Arizona, The Rock, Con Air, The Weatherman, Lord of War.....and so on....Granted, he has been in some stinkers (ie. Snake Eyes, 8mm) but I think the good heavily outweighs the bad. If you guys don't like Nicolas Cage, who DO you like?

I really don't understand the Nic Cage hatred. He has been in some GREAT movies...Raising Arizona, The Rock, Con Air, The Weatherman, Lord of War.....and so on....Granted, he has been in some stinkers (ie. Snake Eyes, 8mm) but I think the good heavily outweighs the bad. If you guys don't like Nicolas Cage, who DO you like?

because when ever he is given a fun role he overacts out his ass. See Ghost Rider, the Rock, Snake Eyes etc.

I like him serious and enjoy Con Air for how over the top it is, but fuck he ruins most fun movies. Unless it's like raising arizona and the overacting helps the role.

I just got back from seeing speed racer. and if ever a movie warranted the use of the phrase "AAARRRGGHHH WHAT THE FUCK, WHAT, THE FUCK IS HAPPENEING, I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER SEEN HALF OF THESE COLOURS BEFORE ARRRRGGGH MY ARSE IS BLEEDING BECUASE MY EYES CAN'T TAKE IT AND NOW I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH CHRISTINA RICCI EVEN THOUGH SHE LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL OH GOD THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE BROTHER HAS A SEX CHANGE AND YOU KEEP MAKING MOVIES WITH HIM, OH NO, NOW I'VE COUGHED UP A PACKET OF SMARTIES AND IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE CINEMA SCREEN" then it sure was this film