Ello - the anti facebook?

Apologies if there's a thread about this already, but I'm just wondering if anyone here uses this. 

Currently, it's invite only, but from what I've read, it's supposed to be clean, no ads, and use full size photos, so it's marketed towards photographers, artists, and the creative types..

Was wondering if anyone that is using this has any opinions or if they'd like shoot an invite my way (i'd be really grateful)!! 

It's true that it looks nice and has no ads but there is almost no functionality or userbase. Really all you can do right now is post and tag people, and posting doesn't even have basic features like youtube embedding, and friends' names don't auto-populate when tagging. Seeing as it took them like, two weeks after the boon for them to add a block feature, I really can't see it being worth using any time soon.

I had it for a week and it died in a week, it's boring as fuck. You can't like things people post just comments and look at the view count? It's dumb

I think it kind of is just a really minimalist way to put out your stuff. View it in high resolution, and then move on. It's great, I find it a bit like having a scrollable portfolio. 

Here are all the invites I have left. I'm warning you though, it's not really exciting.

https://ello.co/join

hearts-here-its-cried-da86c8

banks-all-bankthe-ba4010

pleasant-crying-party-fd18c0

them-majesty-agony-cd9932

march-nervous-said

Is the March nervous said one taken? It looks like there should be another part.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got my "invite" that I asked for months ago. This is probably because they just got a major investor and they need more people on the site. Is anyone even actively using it? I've seen pictures of it and it looks boring. Don't know if I even want to bother signing up now.