PO: Murder by Death - Big Dark Love (Kickstarter)

mesi

Wow I totally disagree. I think the first half has some of their strongest tracks in a while.

The end fizzles a bit & doesn't flow together too nicely, but overall I really dig it.

You guys don't like the title track?? That song is crazy good.

Thats exactly how i felt! After listening to I Shot an Arrow,Big Dark Love, and Dream in red.I felt it was going to be another weird record.Which i love! I really dig it when they try something new

Okay, so.

I listened to the album last night. The first track just throws you the fuck off. I was not expecting that at all. It was so jarring that my first listen of the album in General was just very, very thrown off.

Today, I listened to some of the songs in different order, and I'm really, really liking the album now. The first time I was just so thrown off that I wasn't sure I liked it. Then, listening to it differently, I'm really digging it. It's not nearly what I was expecting, and Bitter Drink and Red of Tooth are my favorite albums by them, so this is veeeeery different.

Still waiting on this as well. However, i got the dowload for the Kickstarter demo Bsides today. I dig those songs. I am ambivalent about released LP songs and read one review that was harping about the over production. That said, I am hopefully optimistic about this new record. I really liked Bitter Drink - much more than Magpie - and hope it will be good. Already have tickets for the DC show in March. No matter what it will still be a great live show.

I do love the album thus far, but I wanted to get people's take on this. I feel like Red of Tooth was the last album that really highlighted Adam's vocals. They were crisp & very pronounced. Since then, it's always sounded like his vocals were recorded with a blanket covering the mic. Honestly, these last 3 albums probably could have easily been their 3 best if it weren't for that. I don't know if their intention was to have his vocals sound more muffled & blend into the music, but it has now bothered me for 3 straight albums. His voice is too good to be hindered by murky production.

What do you guys think?

The first two songs are fucking terrible, I almost stopped listening at that point I was so dissapointed.  Glad I listened to the whole album though, still pretty good.  I'll have to say though I've been liking their releases less and less each time since Red of Tooth.  I'm just so accustomed to their old western/ johnny cash sounding songs it's harder to get into this new stuff. It's still MBD, just doesn't seem to have that certain charm they once had.

Mine just showed up w/ no tracking. MBD did post a pic of over 5000 packages given to the post office at once. So my guess is that these have trickled out of there slowly & not all on that first day.

oh yeah I'm sure. I was just curious because I responded to an email about my order, asked a question, but hadn't heard anything. It'll be here soon enough.