PO: Murder by Death - Big Dark Love (Kickstarter)

mesi

The first two songs are fucking terrible, I almost stopped listening at that point I was so dissapointed. Glad I listened to the whole album though, still pretty good. I'll have to say though I've been liking their releases less and less each time since Red of Tooth. I'm just so accustomed to their old western/ johnny cash sounding songs it's harder to get into this new stuff. It's still MBD, just doesn't seem to have that certain charm they once had.

This. While I enjoy their new stuff, I've not really fallen in love with anything since ROTAC. While still musically fantastic the new direction just doesn't appeal to me the same way.

I 100% agree. I still go see and support them because them continue to rule as a band. But each album has gotten progressively less interesting to me since ROTAC and would really love to see a return to something that sounds a little more dusty and dirty.

If they are over it, they are over it and I think bands should write what they like. But these new records just don't have the staying power for me man.

Havent received this yet, but lisented to it once through last night. I shot an arrow wasn't that bad - from all the talk i was expecting to hear Ministry.  Will have to give it some time to get a full appreciation, but there are some good songs on here. That said, i really like the stripped down demo versions of big dark love and hunted.

Bitter Drink doesn't get a ton of play anymore, but I'll always love Magpie. King of the Gutters is my favorite MBD song.

I think this one will have more staying power than Bitter Drink, but only time will tell!

I really like Bitter drink, there are some standout tracks (hard world, staight at the sun, no oath, etc.). I usually skip over My Hill if i am playing it in order - it's not the best choice of opener. HOwever, its a solid record and I put it right after ROTC.

While there are some good songs on Magpie, it's not one i will usually throw on to specifically listen to. Maybe it's becasue it came after ROTC and it's much more mellow so i intially wrote it off. Or becasue i am a jerk who doesn't know what he's talking about... As MBD continues on it's muscial direction i will probably come to appreciate it more.

• 8 months later...