The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Does anybody know the story behind these tapes and how we know they are being repressed (I know tapes aren't pressed just easiest word) I say about it in a /mu/ cassette thread and bought one instantly but still am not sure if they are really being re-released, especially since it has been on the site for a long time now. I actually emailed him a year back to see if he had copies since it was listed for sale but never got a response.

Nevertheless really hope the sales go through and I get a copy, ordered the vinyl repress of Mista Thug from him a while back so waiting on that too.

R-3066762-1353254133-9713.jpeg

Looks like J-card confirms that.

Just a bit curious why the price was in euros. No biggie.

Yeah it's not a big deal he charges 2 euros shipping so it all evens out really.

But yeah I'm pretty sure this is getting a rerelease because I was in contact with Jason because I told him about reggiomedia1 that notorious flipped and how he's selling the still in press Lil Ugly Mane 7"s for $40 each. Jason got real heated about it and is withholding the rest of that dudes shipment and went on a huge rant about it on Ormolycka's Facebook. He's going to try and keep everything in press so that flippers won't have their ball day from ORM stuff. Probably why he's reissuing these tapes that are selling for upwards of $60

But yeah I'm pretty sure this is getting a rerelease because I was in contact with Jason because I told him about reggiomedia1 that notorious flipped and how he's selling the still in press Lil Ugly Mane 7"s for $40 each. Jason got real heated about it and is withholding the rest of that dudes shipment and went on a huge rant about it on Ormolycka's Facebook. He's going to try and keep everything in press so that flippers won't have their ball day from ORM stuff. Probably why he's reissuing these tapes that are selling for upwards of $60

No kidding. There's a guy on eBay right now selling the first press of Exmilitary (identical art to this one), with a BIN of $300. I'm guessing (hoping, really) that that's why this new one is identical. Can't flip an original copy if there's no way to differentiate it from a repress.

I'm pretty sure that Death Grips tape has been available and sold out several different times since it came out. There has most definitely been more than one edition. 

As far as I know there's only two: the original Ormolycka tape, and a Third Worlds reissue with different J-Cards that I own. This would be the third. But it's hard to tell with Exmilitary - someone told me there were 500 LP's made, and that CAN'T be true, based on the number of owners on Discogs and how many are for sale elsewhere. I don't think those numbers were released. I don't think there's more than two 'pressings' of this tape, though - if there were, it was identical everything so you wouldn't know.

As far as I know there's only two: the original Ormolycka tape, and a Third Worlds reissue with different J-Cards that I own. This would be the third. But it's hard to tell with Exmilitary - someone told me there were 500 LP's made, and that CAN'T be true, based on the number of owners on Discogs and how many are for sale elsewhere. I don't think those numbers were released. I don't think there's more than two 'pressings' of this tape, though - if there were, it was identical everything so you wouldn't know.

As much as Exmilitary is sold, people on Discogs probably mark it as owned and never get around to changing it back. Talking about the tapes, I'm fairly certain it's a true repress. I ordered a week or so ago and haven't been refunded yet. And the tape just went back up on the site a week ago, according to the death grips reddit's post on it.