The Original Cassette Collective Thread

I've noticed a lot of newer tape labels selling different color tapes of the same release. This is a relatively new trend (or maybe I just never noticed before). Do you guys buy tape variants? Labels, do people order multiple variants?

Not saying anything is wrong with it one way or another. Just genuinely curious. I've bought the occasional record variants, but never even considered buying more than one copy of a cassette.

I've noticed a lot of newer tape labels selling different color tapes of the same release. This is a relatively new trend (or maybe I just never noticed before). Do you guys buy tape variants? Labels, do people order multiple variants?

Not saying anything is wrong with it one way or another. Just genuinely curious. I've bought the occasional record variants, but never even considered buying more than one copy of a cassette.

4Yg22eC.jpg

://

I do not. I'm not against the idea, shoot, if a second run of a tape I already had was ridiculously cool I might grab a back up copy. That's the 'scariest' thing about this format, I feel like tapes are more suspect to randomly take a shit over the other physical formats.

They're cheap, but given most runs are super limited there's no telling if you could even get another copy if you wanted.

The only tapes I buy multiple variants of for myself are TWIABP tapes, and I hate myself because of it.

Only ones I'm missing are the black 2010 demo, and the Between Bodies promo (which Derrick/Danielle said they'd send me one, but then they never did and broke my heart).

HVR001: This Is The End Of Everything You Love - No Comfort At All EP /30

Yo those look sick. I want one just on the looks alone.

Dads | American Radass (this is important) | First | Green

Dowsing | It's Just Going to Get Worse | First | White | 300
GRYSCL | Finding Comfort in Obsolescence | First | Clear Black | 100
iampsyencefiction | Don't Stall | First | Yellow | #45/100
Only Ghost In Town, The | False Color Images | First | Yellow | 100
True Things | Alone In My Room | First | White | 100

Someone buy one or two of these. I messed up my PayPal account by accident and now I need to fix it :(

I just released my first multi-variant tape today, and I already had people purchase both!  I personally am not a variant collector and don't really understand it.  Some people just have that sort of mentality, and to each his own i suppose!

I put multiple tape variant copies, I don't buy multiples myself anymore just because I don't have the $flow to spend on them, except for Teen Suicide tapes. I sold a bunch of Sonic/Basin tapes from people buying both variants of color and j-card. 

HVR001: This Is The End Of Everything You Love - No Comfort At All EP /30

bw4hiode.jpg

Cases are on the way, as soon as I get those stenciled these will be available, I'm hoping early next month.

those look awesome, careful not to get too much pain in the tape reel though, you can cover em with pennies or dimes or something

I put multiple tape variant copies, I don't buy multiples myself anymore just because I don't have the $flow to spend on them, except for Teen Suicide tapes. I sold a bunch of Sonic/Basin tapes from people buying both variants of color and j-card. 

those look awesome, careful not to get too much pain in the tape reel though, you can cover em with pennies or dimes or something

Those look so swag....when they come out how much will they be?

0004589041_10.jpg

Robot Princess- Action Park

Action Park-- where frontman Beau Alessie uses the dangers of the infamous NJ theme park as a nostalgic metaphor for the pratfalls of falling in love-- is the first taste of Robot Princess's forthcoming cassette release which holds their Teen Vogue LP and Action Moves EP. 

Full of slick and witty short stories about swamp monsters, girl troubles, getting arrested, and the psyche of video game space fighters, frontman Beau Alessi and company embrace their inner geek and turn it into fun and infectious rock that never seems to wear thin. 

Thanks man, and good idea! I ran through the crazier ones with a q-tip afterwards just to be safe.

Those look so swag....when they come out how much will they be?

Thank you, I'm not sure on the price exactly (once I get the mailers I'll know for sure), probably $7 maybe less.