PO NOW: Make Do and Mend - Don't Be Long

alogical

It seems this is an issue with many items when they're initially added to MerchNow. I'm assuming someone has to set what types of shipping are eligible for each item. There's been a few other PO's that have gone up recently where media mail was not an option for the first 12 hours or so. Someone just needs to give them a heads up, it seems.

I think Rise has been hurting MDAM. I don't think bands benefit from them unless they have larger followings, like Hot Water Music or The Bouncing Souls, and even then, I feel bands on that label just fade away. It could just be me. Let me know what you all think.

They can really benefit from a label change. I can strangely see them on No Sleep. That label fell off my radar, but the fit feels right. 

I feel bands on that label just fade away. It could just be me. Let me know what you all think.

They can really benefit from a label change. I can strangely see them on No Sleep. That label fell off my radar, but the fit feels right. 

I could kind of see that. I was going to try to come up with a list of bands that I liked on Rise to try and refute that, but most of the bands I like I can see "fading". The Acacia Strain are bigger than they have ever been imo, you could make a claim either way for Transit but bands that I see fading are Polar Bear Club, Emarosa, A Loss For Words and I'm sure I'm leaving out a few more. But, your claim seems solid to me!

I agree that No Sleep would be a great fit for them. Hell, I'd like to see them land on RFC too.

I think Rise has been hurting MDAM. I don't think bands benefit from them unless they have larger followings, like Hot Water Music or The Bouncing Souls, and even then, I feel bands on that label just fade away. It could just be me. Let me know what you all think.

Yeah would love to see that too. Any indie label the size of no sleep, rfc or deathwish would fit but Rise is just not for them.

I think both sides played their part on this band kind of fading away. Here's hoping the band at least turned up the intensity on this album, regardless of the label giving them little to no hype.

That's true. 100% of the promotion for this, I've seen direct from the band. And I feel like even the band under promoted it.

Or maybe the last album was way dull and killed EMM monment. I'm holding off.

Oh, of course! EYEL was way lighter compared to EMM and BoW. People totally jumped ship, but I stuck around though. I dug the album. I believe it pulled from the other side of their influences.

I've always felt that MDAM were like a hybrid between Hot Water Music and Jimmy Eat World. I think EYEL pulled more from the latter this time around. 

I think both sides played their part on this band kind of fading away. Here's hoping the band at least turned up the intensity on this album, regardless of the label giving them little to no hype.

I don't think Rise gave them enough reach. Warped Tour didn't do much for them either. I shot one of their sets and people were a little blank, especially since they went on so early. That kind of scheduling is critical in broadening your audience. Hardly anyone is on site at 11.

But yeah, people were hoping for another EMM so the album was a buzzkill in comparison. Very little promotion from the band as well. Oh well, sometimes you need to cull the masses.

I'm staying optimistic for the new album. Both songs were okay. I hope they fit better once I can listen to the full album. Hope they're generous with the west coast shows too. I'd like to shoot for the band while they're in town.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I posted on their instagram about media mail for simple LP orders, including posters that can be folded. I hope they notice haha.

It's 2015. Media mail or fuck off. 

Yeah, I recently made an order with MerchNow for like 5 albums and the shipping was like $6.50 with media mail. If you look in the PVRIS thread, the same issue happened when they put up a 7" the other day apparently. There was no media mail option initially, but after about a day or so it went up. Hopefully people have bitched and moaned to them.

Either way, that red isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The coke bottle is cool and all, but it really doesn't flow with the album art.

Quick update:  Looks like there are 2 of the splatter left in stock.  Still no media mail even for the splatter bundle with just the poster and stickers.  

They did add media mail for the standalone red variant.

For those who have Amazon Prime and want to avoid shipping in general: http://amzn.com/B00R6RRRP6

This is the response I got when I asked about media mail:

Hello,
Thank you for placing an order with us!

I’ve taken a look into this for you and unfortunately this bundle would not be able to be shipped via media mail, due to the fact that it contains a poster and sticker pack. The weight of your package and how far it will need to travel is what made priority the cheapest option for you as well.

We do apologize about this inconvience but please let us know if we can do anything else for you,

Jennifer
Customer Service
(518) 458-9563

I am tempted to tell them to throw the poster and stickers in the trash and ship it media. This will be my final Rise/MerchNow lesson learned and adios a bye bye. Two shitty companies that taste shittier together.

MDAM just posted on FB that they have added media mail as shipping option now :) Good for you U.S. people

Anyways, super excited about this record. Both songs sound solid. Had to grab the splatter vinyl

EDIT: But apparently media mail option is only for the red one...this bundle thing Rise does every single time really sucks. I don't want the poster or stickers. I'm not gonna use any of it.

This is the response I got when I asked about media mail:

Hello,

Thank you for placing an order with us!

I’ve taken a look into this for you and unfortunately this bundle would not be able to be shipped via media mail, due to the fact that it contains a poster and sticker pack. The weight of your package and how far it will need to travel is what made priority the cheapest option for you as well.

We do apologize about this inconvience but please let us know if we can do anything else for you,

Jennifer

Customer Service

(518) 458-9563

I am tempted to tell them to throw the poster and stickers in the trash and ship it media. This will be my final Rise/MerchNow lesson learned and adios a bye bye. Two shitty companies that taste shittier together.

Ha, I knew they would use that excuse.

Ha, I knew they would use that excuse.

Exactly, even though when I get stuff from Deathwish there are so many stickers and posters they probably weigh more than the record they are shipped with.

down to the last splatter

One more should be added to the store. I ended up requesting a refund. Tired of the Rise/MerchNow bullshat. And those new songs aren't all that impressive. Loved this band. Hope they find their way back to their old sound someday.

so the Red is probably the retail right? any1 can confirm that?

Amazon has it for 19 right know (which is probably going down a bit)

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Be-Long-full-album/dp/B00R6RRRP6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421230917&sr=8-3&keywords=make+do+and+mend+vinyl

there's a good chance it will be the red variant.  It's showing 189 left in stock from the 800, so I'm assuming a chunk of the 800 went to distributors.