Scratches on new records?

Gippej

First off, sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. Mods, feel free to move it if it is.

I was just curious if anyone else has noticed many, if not most, of their brand new records are covered in tiny scratches? I was thinking that maybe it could have something to do with the Audioquest carbon fiber brush I use (even though I apply no pressure at all), or is this more to do with lack of quality control? Either way I find its frustrating opening up a brand new (and usually overpriced) album only to find its beat up on the surface already. Granted, these are tiny surface scratches scattered throughout (or scrapes) and most of the time appear to not be audible, but I still find it disappointing.

First off, sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. Mods, feel free to move it if it is.

I was just curious if anyone else has noticed many, if not most, of their brand new records are covered in tiny scratches? I was thinking that maybe it could have something to do with the Audioquest carbon fiber brush I use (even though I apply no pressure at all), or is this more to do with lack of quality control? Either way I find its frustrating opening up a brand new (and usually overpriced) album only to find its beat up on the surface already. Granted, these are tiny surface scratches scattered throughout (or scrapes) and most of the time appear to not be audible, but I still find it disappointing.

you wrote "brand new" 2 times in 1 post, and didnt mentioned sticker or deja. It feels kinda wrong.

you wrote "brand new" 2 times in 1 post, and didnt mentioned sticker or deja. It feels kinda wrong.

I bought a brand new sticker with a peace sign and psychedelic flowers on it. It gave me deja vu, as though I had held the same sticker in some far off arcade in my youth. The sticker was brand new, though, so it would be illogical for me to have held that same sticker in the past.

EDIT: There was also a scratch on it, but it didn't affect playback. Still I found it disappointing.

When they put the records in printed inserts I cringe....Its impossible to remove them without scuffing and usually they already are from being assembled

No artist should ever use that

The thicker jacket inserts that you can actually open the jacket and remove are ok, poly lined or even a simple paper

However those thin ass wax paper printed inserts drive me nuts

/rant

80% of the new records I buy are not spotless.

The 20% that are always come with polylined sleeves, which I think every pressing should have. 

Anecdotally I think mine are about the same, most of the records that make me go 'ooo this one looks shiny new' have had poly-lined sleeves, or that card that you get with a sort of coating on the inside, whatever that is.

When they put the records in printed inserts I cringe....Its impossible to remove them without scuffing and usually they already are from being assembled

No artist should ever use that

The thicker jacket inserts that you can actually open the jacket and remove are ok, poly lined or even a simple paper

However those thin ass wax paper printed inserts drive me nuts

/rant

This. I replace all my inner sleeves with poly lined diskeeper sleeves, but those printed sleeves are the worst.