Oh, D! (THE OFFICE CONTENT INSIDE)

I'm not sure what to make of this new HR person yet. When she made fun of Toby in Michael's office, I couldn't tell if she was really doing that or if she did it just to win Michael over. But by the end of the episode, it seemed like she liked him, too. I dunno.

Oh, right, seeing Dwight give Angela a good fuckin' was pretty fantastic.

Good episode.

***Teh Spoils***

Little bummed on the Jim proposal bit, only because it sets up for three months of Pam in New York acting uncertain about Jim's commitment level. But other than that I loved it.

So many good lines:

"I wanted to kiss her", "I'm glad you didn't".

"I'm pretty sure she's baked at a professional level"

i disagree on the jim/pam thing -- i think they should be perfecty because they are. they're the most compatible couple in the history of the world. i think with everyone expecting tough times with her going to new york they could really throw a curveball by keeping them strong.

and the "baked at a professional level" was awesome. the jan pregnancy didn't surprise me too much, but the sperm bank thing totally floored me. although i'm pretty sure the universe would never let michael scott father a child.

Apparently McCain named Dwight Schrute as his running mate on "The Daily Show" last week. Here's Dwight's response/list of demands (as read, in part, by Rainn Wilson on Leno):

###

My fellow Americans and select Canadians,

My name is Dwight K. Schrute. Recently, it was brought to my attention that a Presidential candidate has selected me as his Vice President -- or as I prefer, Assistant President. I was not surprised by this information, because I am the only suitable choice. As this country’s second in command, I will be cunning; wily; exceedingly loyal to my superiors; and will not hesitate to use heavy artillery. However, unlike my predecessor, I will not fire it off in a friend’s face.

As for Mr. Jonathan McCain: I will accept your offer, old man. But before I do, certain terms must be agreed upon.

• I may borrow Air Force One whenever I want. I am not required to refill the tank. When piloting Air Force One, I am only to be addressed as “Iceman.”

• Effective immediately, Jack Bauer is promoted to Secretary of Defense.

• I demand full government financing of research programs into the beet as an alternative energy source. Beet juice is cheaper than gasoline, better-tasting and only slightly flammable.

• My bunker must contain a foosball table and be zombie-proof.

• Secret Service members are to be armed with guns, nunchucks, throwing stars and flamethrowers.

• I would like a flamethrower.

• From now on, the National Anthem will be replaced with Van Halen’s “Panama.”

• My current employer, Michael Scott, has asked for an advisory position, a la Karl Rove. I am not adverse to this; however, it is not a deal-breaker. The rest of my coworkers are to be placed in an internment camp. And the entire city of Scranton should be surrounded by a wall and converted into a futuristic prison.

• I want to see an eagle fight a falcon. Whoever survives is our nation’s mascot.

• No more tours of the White House. I distrust schoolchildren.

• All pictures of Abraham Lincoln are to be removed. He is creepy.

• J.K. Rowling should be required by law to write a new Harry Potter book. If she refuses, I advise torture.

• All of the above items are negotiable. Except for the flamethrower. Basically, if you get me a flamethrower, I’m on board.

In conclusion, I consider it an honor and a privilege to serve the American people. I will display complete loyalty to my President. I will take a bullet for him and even provide a quality foot massage. But if, say, Barack Obama values that loyalty more highly … I’m going wherever they value loyalty the most. Make me an offer. And America -- at 3 a.m., when the phone rings in the White House … I won’t even hear it. I’m an extremely sound sleeper. Vote Schrute!

Dwight K. Schrute

Assistant President in Pending

Cc: Michael Scott, John McCain