BARONESS "Red Album" 2xLP / First & Second updates

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious how "extras" many Hyperrealist had before they put this back up.. I was anticipating these being gone already, but it seems they're still taking orders..

well production standards are usually 10% +/- actual ordered quantities... and they're generally always on the + side.. so they probably got 75-100 extra i'd estimate.

I'm curious how "extras" many Hyperrealist had before they put this back up.. I was anticipating these being gone already, but it seems they're still taking orders..

There were no "extras". I stopped the first round of preorders when things started taking too long so that 1)I wouldn't oversell the pressing and 2)fewer people would be left waiting for months on end. I put them back up for a little over a day and sold what should have finished out the pressing, rounding up the numbers so as to be a few under rather than a few over and has nothing to do with the over/unders from the pressing plant. Right now I know there should be enough vinyl to fill these orders no problem and there will likely be a handful left when all is said and done.

Shit, I have it, I'll post the pics now!

Here's the cover

[image]

Here's a shitty pic of the gatefold

[image]

Here's one of the records. Red with bit of black through it, very nice!

[image]

And here's 3 of the 4 etchings. The pics kinda look like crap, I'll post new ones again later.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Or if you want to see the whole gallery, go here:

http://gallery.mac.com/derek.atkinson#100053

Now where's my free record or something??

And it IS the color I wanted. Excellent. We had our hands on this weird cranberryish red that was leftover from a White Zombie record we were going to use, but apparently that material got used up in the meantime. The day it was going to press, they called me and asked if they could do something else and it sounded like what I was trying to get all along anyway.

destroyingthescene - I'll hook you up with something. Thanks for posting those pics.