(3/10 UPDATE) $8 LPs, $13 LPs, rare LPs, and more! Check it!

toomanyrecords

Please don't heed this, people, if you're interested in my SKM. He offered me something less than half of what the only copy available online is going for. I said no low-balls. 

Haha okay, I was willing to let this go as a PM conversation but, I'll make it public, since you want to:

Rooks: Hey, I want this...Interested in selling it for around $50?

Kess: I paid 90 for it so not really lol

Rooks: lol okay, it goes for 50 to 80 on ebay so... okay  :) you should state that in your thread

Kess: I see a few for 80 and most in the 100s range. Supply and demand too. If I sold for 100 it'd still be the cheapest available online.

Rooks: A black copy hasn't sold on ebay for above $80 since a sealed one sold for $85 in May of last year haha.

The next highest was $90 in October of 2013, also sealed.

I mean whatever, I'd want to sell it for more than I paid too, but, you're not gonna convince me that that's what it sells for when I'm looking at the sales history right here  :P

Kess: Well I'm gonna hold off to try and at least get my money back

Rooks: No worries

So there's the whole exchange for anyone who is curious :)  I really have no problem with you selling it for over $90, but at least say that. or at the very least don't call me out saying I offered HALF of what it's worth. I shouldn't have to pay for your mistake of paying too much originally.

Hahah and let's also be real honest about me offering less than half of the only copy listed online:

Sort By:Posted,Condition, Artist, Title, Label Seller Price      Sun Kil Moon - Admiral Fell Promises (2xLP, Album, Ltd) 

Media Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-) 
Sleeve Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-)

BLACK VINYL, hype sticker, excellent condition, OOP!

$114.99 
+ shipping Add to Cart

Details

It;s YOUR copy.   :rolleyes:

Hahah and let's also be real honest about me offering less than half of the only copy listed online:

Sort By:Posted,Condition, Artist, Title, Label Seller Price      Sun Kil Moon - Admiral Fell Promises (2xLP, Album, Ltd) 

Media Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-) 

Sleeve Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-)

BLACK VINYL, hype sticker, excellent condition, OOP!

$114.99 

+ shipping Add to Cart

Details

It;s YOUR copy.   :rolleyes:

Calm down man, you're a bit rabid. He wasn't lying about it being the only copy listed, am I right? I for one have had nothing but pleasant experiences with Kess. 

Calm down man, you're a bit rabid. He wasn't lying about it being the only copy listed, am I right? I for one have had nothing but pleasant experiences with Kess. 

Rabid? I just want people to see that I didn't intentionally "low-ball" I was very much within the norm.

He has no problem putting a $115 price tag on the record on Discogs... so why not list a price here, that's all.

Rabid? I just want people to see that I didn't intentionally "low-ball" I was very much within the norm.

He has no problem putting a $115 price tag on the record on Discogs... so why not list a price here, that's all.

Because Discog prices ans VC prices are substantially different. As you can see, he offered you a price that was 25 dollars cheaper than he would sell it anywhere else. I say rabid, because you were all about keeping thing in private, but you were the one who came back with a "lol. nevermind." No big deal, but you could have just dropped it in the first place and moved on. No hard feeling, I love you all.

You made a snide comment in my topic insinuating that I was asking insane prices. There are no other copies readily available online. That makes it scarce. It's an amazing album, that makes it desirable. Supply and demand. I'm not trying to nickel and dime, I'm just trying to get a fair price based on it's market worth.

You made a snide comment in my topic insinuating that I was asking insane prices. There are no other copies readily available online. That makes it scarce. It's an amazing album, that makes it desirable. Supply and demand. I'm not trying to nickel and dime, I'm just trying to get a fair price based on it's market worth.

LOL

I love it when sellers get upset at "Lowball" offers, especially when they want high end ebay prices. 

TEAM ROOKS

If I paid 90 and would be fine getting that ballpark and it's long OOP, what's wrong with that? Too many pointless crusaders on this site.

So if you have a price in mind why ask for offers? 

And just because that was a lowball to you, doesn't mean it would have been a lowball to someone else. That's why saying "No lowballs" when asking for offers is the stupidest thing.

So if you have a price in mind why ask for offers?

And just because that was a lowball to you, doesn't mean it would have been a lowball to someone else. That's why saying "No lowballs" when asking for offers is the stupidest thing.

50 is a lowball for a sun kil moon record besides benji clear/red and anyone saying otherwise is arguing just to argue

Of course I have price ranges in mind but I'm willing to work with a buyer and hear what they think the record is worth first.

That literally makes no sense.

You know how much you paid for it.

You know what it goes for on ebay.

You LITERALLY put a price on every one on discogs.

Why not list your discogs prices and say you're willing to deal with VC members for less. So much easier than starting a topic with no guidelines asking for offers. You're just wasting your own time reading a bunch of offers below what you KNOW you'll accept.

Anyone asking for offers is hiding behind a false front of a potential deal hoping some poor bastard will offer crazy money. I offered you 40 less than what you paid, and you laughed. If some dude came and offered you $130 would you say "woah man I just need 90"? If you really think you would, then list the price at 90. If you're hoping some dude will forget to date-sort the popsike results and offer you a sweetheart deal that's being dishonest.

Not saying that's what you're doing. Just saying, that's what asking for offers and saying things like "no lowballs" comes off as.

Not trying to be mean. Just trying to help you, and all your potential buyers.

I'd rather not have this thread turn into a slapfight. Can we get back on topic?

Hate to do this with the rest of the thread already being as it is... but:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=25959818

Also; I highly recommend someone snag that copy of Hold On Now, Youngster...  cause that band is tight and that album isn't super easy to come by. I found mine in a FYE in the middle of no where. Got real lucky.

Yeah I didn't realize that DMB was still in print. Gonna take it off the list and keep it.

For sure. UO reissues sort of come out of the blue and either stay in print virtually forever or disappear really quickly... so it's totally fair to not realize that. Just didn't want anybody paying too much for something readily available at retail.