The Decline of Western Civilization Bluray and DVD box sets

The price isn't too bad for 3 movies, just really want the first one personally. I actually was able to meet Penelope at a Women in film screening of Suburbia in Portland awhile back and She talked about this happening. Her daughter was the driving force behind this release. So awesome!

I have a great DVD boot of the first one. I don't need another, but it is really cool that this is finally being released. The kids needs to learn about some original punk rock. Fear, The Germs, The Bags, X, etc... Late 70's and early 80's punk doesn't seem to get a lot of mention on this board. I always wonder if there is any appreciation for this stuff besides Black Flag and The Misfits. Urgh A Music War is also a must have for 80's punk and new wave. The Klaus Nomi performance alone is worth the price of admission.

It looks like part 1 is only being sold in the box set. I'm not complaining being I've yet to see parts 2 and 3 plus it comes with a book, bonus disc and all of them are remastered.. you can't go wrong!!

Urgh A Music War is also a must have for 80's punk and new wave. The Klaus Nomi performance alone is worth the price of admission.

Urgh! is essential. The Warner DVD looks and sounds great too. Have you seen the Klaus Nomi documentary? Solid film as well.

I keep reading about Suburbia (the Penelope Spheeris one) being on Bluray but can't seem to find a copy for sale. I am only seeing DVD pics as well. I hope it gets a blu ray release if it isn't really on that format.

The best thing about Suburbia is the part when they show the Vandals(original version with Stevo, not the bullshit they call the Vandals today). Other than that the movie is just depressing. Another great 80's punk rock movie is Another State of Mind.

$30 for a single lp isn't reasonable.

I don't think $30 is unreasonable for an original pressing of Decline 1, if that's what we're talking about. You can bet your ass that if they do repress them they will be around $25+. ;)

I'd bet that the sound quality will be much better than a 30 year old used copy too.

There is a sealed mint copy on discogs for $40. I am sure the sound quality for some live punk would be just fine. Honestly I am surprised it can be had that cheap, considering it's 35 years old and a lot of new pressings go for $20-30 now. I would rather pay for real scarcity than manufactured scarcity any day. I'm not playing into that shit.

I'd bet that the sound quality will be much better than a 30 year old used copy too.

Maybe, maybe not. To be honest, when I listen to old punk I'm not listening for fine acoustics. I am listening for raw and loud. Of course I don't want to hear scratch pops, but my old copy sounds great for exactly what it is, punk rock.

The best thing about Suburbia is the part when they show the Vandals(original version with Stevo, not the bullshit they call the Vandals today). Other than that the movie is just depressing. Another great 80's punk rock movie is Another State of Mind.

I don't think $30 is unreasonable for an original pressing of Decline 1, if that's what we're talking about. You can bet your ass that if they do repress them they will be around $25+. ;)

I used to have Another State of Mind on VHS back in the 80's it's pretty good. I don't really like anything by Social D past Prison Bound,but that video covers the early stuff good. I like the part where Mike is writting Another State of Mind. The how to dance part is soooo stupid. LOL

Maybe, maybe not. To be honest, when I listen to old punk I'm not listening for fine acoustics. I am listening for raw and loud. Of course I don't want to hear scratch pops, but my old copy sounds great for exactly what it is, punk rock.

I wish more people were like this. It reminds me of people today arguing over sleeve condition. Most of my old punk 7"s are tattered to shreds and I wouldn't have it any other way. The guy that bought it originally didn't give a fuck about condition or resale value, he played it over and over until he had every song memorized.