Jamie XX - In Colour

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the bonus disc...

I had ordered from the Jamie XX website and received this email about 10 minutes ago:

Thanks for pre-ordering the Jamie xx album In Colour on vinyl.

As a special thank you we wanted to offer you a physical preview of 4 tracks from the album with a limited edition 12” available for the cost of postage from the Jamie xx store and this will ship right away.

Anybody know how many of the deluxe are being printed?  Can't seem to find the info anywhere.  I would normally never pay 40+ for a new release, but I just had my mind blown by his set at Coachella (and its such a pretty release)... so if' it's limited in any capacity I'm probably gonna bite.  Otherwise, I may wait and see if it drops in price at all.

[Edit}: Also, where are people seeing the extra instrumentals listed.   Because the pr-order on the Turks website only shows the original 11 tracks even when you select the deluxe.

Anybody know how many of the deluxe are being printed?  Can't seem to find the info anywhere.  I would normally never pay 40+ for a new release, but I just had my mind blown by his set at Coachella (and its such a pretty release)... so if' it's limited in any capacity I'm probably gonna bite.  Otherwise, I may wait and see if it drops in price at all.

it's probably limited. It's also on 45rpm vs. 33rpm for the normal release, which normally means higher quality sound (and a totally separate master pressing)

I ordered from YT so you should be fine.

And yes, going back to a previous question, I can imagine there are people who can't be bothered with the white label out of the 1st 750 so those copies will be released at some point.

Unless they package them with the actual LP for those people, but that might be too much hassle.

Jamie xx just announced a string of tour dates. You can see the cities he's stopping at here:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/04/jamie-xx-announces-tour-dates-shares-video-for-gosh-watch/

Sign up for his mailing list before 6pm BST to have access to presale tickets. Oh and the music video for "Gosh" can be seen on the same page!

• 2 weeks later...