Looking for female who loves to dig for vinyl/can write about music

I've actually never noticed anything to over the top around here when lady posters pop up.  I used to spend a bunch of time of Video game forums and those were super awkward when someone was "outed" as having lady parts.

Being facetious. But it's gotten awkward a few times in the past. Nothing creepy. Yet. 

Being facetious. But it's gotten awkward a few times in the past. Nothing creepy. Yet.

When I first joined several dudes engaged me in conversation via PM. I know that wouldn't have happened if I was a guy. And one dude propositioned me for photos. Who still posts here I think. He made it seem like a joke. Ha. ha.

First off, no this isn't a booty call. So all you 16 y/0 boys getting all giddy about the title post can crawl back into your bedroom mama has set up for you. :P

2ndly, yeah, as the title has it! Looking for a passionate vinyl lover who loves to dig and can write about music. Please send me writing samples via PM. This is non paid opportunity but comes with a ton of networking opportunity. All work on your own time sort of gig ;)

Can I dress up as Mrs. Doubtfire? 

When I first joined several dudes engaged me in conversation via PM. I know that wouldn't have happened if I was a guy. And one dude propositioned me for photos. Who still posts here I think. He made it seem like a joke. Ha. ha.

Wtf. I had a few guys PM me when I first joined but nothing too weird like that.

And one dude propositioned me for photos. Who still posts here I think. He made it seem like a joke. Ha. ha.

You've totally just outed me.  (kidding)  I may be remembering it wrong but that was in a thread wasn't it.  Or perhaps you might have just mentioned it before and that is what I'm remembering.  

That is pretty ridiculous.  Dudes is the worst.

That being said when I do buy vinyl from the Buy / Sell Thread I do pay extra if the poster is a lady person.  'Cause, ya know, records is more valuable if they were handled by a non penised entity.

WHY are a handful of men getting defensive in this thread? Women were curious as to why this was gender specific, voiced that it was strange and uncomfortable, that we do not enjoy being treated any different because we're all just people with a love for the same hobby. We treat records the same as men because believe it or not...there aren't rules on how to collect records based on gender.

Yet, as we all should have expected, unnessecary comments are being made like everyone else is offended that we're offended. Seriously?

Oh, I'm sorry. You're just making jokes. Because jokes are so funny when they're at the expense of other people's feelings, right?

Had I quoted the post telling Madie to take less sexy selfies and said "wait, I don't get it? Why is this funny?" Would you be able to explain it without being completely offensive? No.

Mods, lock this shit up.