PO: Tamaryn - Cranekiss

http://www.mexicansummer.com/shop/tamaryn-cranekiss/

Product will ship near release date, August 28, 2015. The deluxe LP version is limited to 500 copies and includes a UV gloss, foil jacket, white vinyl with silver haze and a colored booklet featuring lyrics and artist photos. All LP preorders will receive the deluxe version while supplies last.

First song there. 

Up against jamc at psych fest. Will be missing set

new track is very synthy. Also I believe with new lineup the live shows will not include any songs off first two records

this is true. the songs from before this record were retired.

and yeah, new track is super synth-y 80s style. reminds me a bit of Grimes actually. gonna miss the gaze-yness but I am totally down for this new direction.

Hell yes, Love Tamaryn...I think she's so underrated! Her first 2 LPs are so solid...New song is good, but yea the shoegaze style seems to be falling by the waist side...which seems to be so common these days, trading fuzz for 80's synth...

Still grabbing this in a heartbeat! Shawn Durkan is the fucking man! Cant wait for new music from Weekend (probably ways away, as he seems to be working on so many other albums for people) 

This and the new NO JOY! makes for 2 solid releases from Mexican Summer so far this year! 

• 4 months later...

Weird. I loved everything she has done since first 12" on TMU. l am always a fan of shoegaze and female vocals so she scratched an itch for me. That being said, the new album is fucking fire. So good. Reminds me of the most recent White Hex album. Really good synth based pop. I can understand being bummed on the change in style, but at least she fucking nailed this sound.

The Deluxe package sounds very similar in description to the No Joy /500 White Deluxe "More Faithful" - which -- don't get too excited re: "Deluxe". It's alright and the recording sounds great. I got it bundled with their other releases, and The Black Ryder, so it was a great price ppd. All No Joy is just dope, including the new one. Opening for DIIV this fall!

Back on topic!

I'm going to wait to hear a little bit more of the 'new' Tamaryn.  Love her previous stuff, and the new doesn't sound bad at all, I lived through that era, and when the current artists put their new creativity into some of the ol' style, it can really pop (vs. just rehashing).

As a new fan with no experience of the earlier stuff, I am loving this

As a fan that loved the first two albums, this new album sounds like fucking Gloria Estefan back in her Miami Sound Maschine days.  Luckily, I was at the last show with the original line-up with Rex and got to hear all my favorite songs.  I guess I'm just more of a fan of Rex than Tamaryn, he made that band.

Yeah that is a bit dramatic.  80s tinged, yes.  Gloria Estefan?  WTF?!

I stand by my dramatic statement.  "Hands all over me" could easily of been a Gloria estefan song from the 80's if you just added bongos.  But honestly, it's specifically that song that ruined it for me.  The album as a whole isn't too bad, I just wish she would of called this project something different than Tamaryn.