Soon: Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence (Reissue 2LP 180 Gram Vinyl)

If anyone's still interested in Glassjaw in this thread, the reissue is out, 2x 180 gram black vinyl. In a flimsy single jacket, no gatefold. It's the same recording as the 2009 remaster. I've only had a chance to listen to the first record, I'm no audiophile but it sounds pretty good to me.

This is one of my favorite albums of all time and I held off on getting a 1st press or even the HT repress because I was hoping this version would have a nice gatefold, maybe some extras for That $35 price tag, but it's pretty bare bones.

I'll admit there's some misogyny on the record and it was even called out on it in most reviews when the album first dropped. you can also look at it as a brutally honest, raw, emotional testament to the heartbreak Daryl experienced and how he dealt with it.

I used to feel this way and its definitely nice to have the gatefold but my storage and queuing system has evolved to a place where I can find a single pocket jacket super handy in either scenario.

How does having a single jacket make it more accessible than a gatefold? Just curious? There isn't that big of a difference when searching for an album; however, the aesthetics are what I enjoy about them.