PO Soon: Uncle Acid and Deadbeats - Night Creeper

It just had that Rider's on the Storm effect for me. The build up, his vocals, this band continues to impress me. Thinking of taking a paid day off of work and driving 7 hours to Denver to catch them next week. Probably a pipe dream but its very rare for me to consider driving that far for a musical act.

the openers are fantastic but summit music hall sucks

the openers are fantastic but summit music hall sucks

Hadn't listened to either of them but I'll now check them out. Yeah, I won't question that, but Uncle Acid could play pretty much anywhere and I'd be into it. Most acts aren't really into coming to Kansas and when they do it's either Lawrence or KC 

Definitely my favorite song as well. They were killing it on the slower tracks this album.

"Slow Death" is also the track that really stands out for me so far too.  It's a great space-out song.

Man, those clean guitar chords, the clean lead harmonies and that Rhodes piano all over that soft soulful beat. I can't get over it.

My purple copy has it but you have to hop the needle over a locked groove in order to get it to play. By the way, while we're talking about "Slow Death" and to shift the conversation a little more towards the content of the album and not so much about the LP's variable physical attributes weight/color/height/presidential-electiblity/etc., I want to say that I think "Slow Death" might be my favorite track on the album. The album is great but this song is so different and so sexy and fuckin' like 70's Soul style and weird that I can't believe its Uncle Acid (except for when you hear the vocal). I really love that they flirted with that style for this track. Its just killer and I love that its a long one.

Yeah it's a great song. Overall I like this more than Mind Control, but Blood Lust remains my favorite.

edit: I'd love a tour copy as well, please PM me if you have a chance to get one. I am good for my word that I will pay for it (I'm in the US).

I'm going to the Bangor Bullmoose on Friday, if they have an extra green edition and anyone is looking for one, PM me.

I didn't get any info about the silver, it's been delayed due to manufacturing error it was said...

2873583-3933224607-bb9e4.jpg

I knew about that, I think what has bothered me a little more is the fact that they can't respond to an email within 2 weeks. If the plant screwed up and hasn't given them replacements, I get that (out of their control) but you'd think they could email you some type of response within a reasonable time frame.

I'm with you on that. Fuck Rise Above and their shitty prices/service.

I'm sure they are busy but they have an email to contact them on. I don't have Facebook anymore but can still view their page. I don't want to have to re-activate a social media network I don't want just to get a question answered. I've basically had to scroll through 30-40 comments just to get an idea about what's going on.

No splatter, obviously no silver, no communication from RA whatsoever. I sent them an email the day the Uncle Acid pre-order went up asking if I could cancel the splatter or at least combine shipping on both of my orders and never got a response. I understand that they must've been busy the day the PO went up, so I gave them some slack and politely followed up a couple weeks later with no response. It's one thing to be busy, it's one thing to get hit with a plant screw up/delay, it's another thing to blow off all communication and ignore emails from customers. I'm done ordering from Rise Above. I can only hope the next Uncle Acid album is put out by another label that doesn't suck as hard.

No splatter, obviously no silver, no communication from RA whatsoever. I sent them an email the day the Uncle Acid pre-order went up asking if I could cancel the splatter or at least combine shipping on both of my orders and never got a response. I understand that they must've been busy the day the PO went up, so I gave them some slack and politely followed up a couple weeks later with no response. It's one thing to be busy, it's one thing to get hit with a plant screw up/delay, it's another thing to blow off all communication and ignore emails from customers. I'm done ordering from Rise Above. I can only hope the next Uncle Acid album is put out by another label that doesn't suck as hard.

Not to mention they are charging exorbitant prices for die hard's that don't seem to offer as much in the way of perks as the last two.

I knew about that, I think what has bothered me a little more is the fact that they can't respond to an email within 2 weeks. If the plant screwed up and hasn't given them replacements, I get that (out of their control) but you'd think they could email you some type of response within a reasonable time frame.

Yep, they're not really responsive, try sending them another mail, sometimes they just forget to answer, seriously.