Fucked?

Completely different, but I sent a package to a record label, didn't bother taking a receipt, as it was $4, and figured "what do I need it for". The package arrived to them without the postage sticker, and they had to pay the money for the shipping before the package could be delivered to them..

Fucked.

some fuckwad on this board filed a claim against me less than two weeks after i sold him a record, and paypal made me refund him, and he got his fucking record. FUCK.

he probably saw the 30 topics on here comlaining about you not sending shit out for 2 fucking months and decided it wasn't worth the hastle dealing with you when you disapearded there. seriously dude, it's not that hard to ship something the next day or within the week.

some fuckwad on this board filed a claim against me less than two weeks after i sold him a record, and paypal made me refund him, and he got his fucking record. FUCK.

and what fucktard was this? hey, if someone's gonna do that, no matter how many years it takes you to send stuff, it still isnt' cool to actually take the record and not pay the person back.

hes from another board. I don't have the receipt anymore, it was like a month ago.

you should always keep your reciepts. i keep mine in a small box. without the reciept you're pretty much screwed

ya, I always keep all my post office receipts in my glovebox of my car because its right there when I get out so I won't forget but a few days ago I was cleaning out my car and knowing I hadn't mailed anything out in like over a month I just ditched them all.

keeping your receipts doesn't mean that you'll be safe. not even close.

i recently sent a drum cymbal to someone in australia from here in canada. it was supposed to take about 4 weeks to arrive. for some reason beyond my control, it took about 8. he filed a claim against me. i provided paypal with scans of my receipt and my copy of the customs form, plus the tracking #, and they STILL refunded the guy his money. took it directly out of my account even tho i had proof of shipping just 3 days after the dude paid for it. anyways, about a week after i was out my money, the cymbal arrived. paypal's way of protecting the seller (me) in this case was to send the guy an email and ask him nicely to pay me back for the item since it had arrived. he never did. so the asshole got his money back, and kept the cymbal. anyways, long story short - i called paypal, asked to talk to a supervisor in the claims dept. and wouldn't get off the phone until my money was refunded by paypal directly. which ended up working out after about 45 minutes of explaining to the idiot on the line why i should have my money back. it was a pretty bad experience overall, but that's part of the risk of selling shit online - eBay or privately.

anyways, if you want to stand any chance of being safe in cases where claims are filed against you - KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS AND SEND SHIT WITH TRACKING #'s.

its well expensive to use tracking numbers here in the UK as well. its an extra $8 on top of the shipping charge.

Royal Mail will compensate up to $65 as long as proof of post is obtained.

------------

What the hell are you supposed to do when you've done everything right and still get screwed over by paypal? fucking shit man.

------------

whats it like opening bank accounts in the US if you dont live there? coz i;m thinking, the only way around it is to have peeps in the US that buy my stuff deposit the money straight into a US bank account. then i could do away with the whole paypal bullshit.

he probably saw the 30 topics on here comlaining about you not sending shit out for 2 fucking months and decided it wasn't worth the hastle dealing with you when you disapearded there. seriously dude, it's not that hard to ship something the next day or within the week.

I tried to file a claim against him but I missed the cut-off date...yeah, it took that long. I paid on March 13th and just got my record a few days ago.