PO: Inventions - Blanket Waves EP

The idiot in me wants to grab the colored one to go along with the colored version of the last record but I still haven't even got around to listening to that one or the remix EP.

I have seen Eluvium a couple times (once opening for EITS like six hours before EITS even took stage) but he really needs to play more. I bug him about shows in Portland on Twitter a couple times a year and he always seems pretty hopeful. Or is just throwing me a bone so I shut up.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So you can stream this in full on their bandcamp - https://inventions.bandcamp.com/album/blanket-waves

Asked TRL to combine this with my later EITS pre-order and got no reply in ten days. Today got notice that the Inventions LP has shipped.

I could've at least saved a tenner on the typically outrageous trans-atlantic costs so am more than a bit bummed on this lack of communication. Also could've easily still ordered both the Inventions and EITS OST right now and still receive the limited colours but was sure they'd sell out in a few days. Oh well.

*Edit - luckily I shot them a second e-mail and they saved the package from shipping in time to post together. Super awesome of them.

Yeah, just listened to this in full this morning. Definitely a beautiful and haunting release. I did notice that Mark's guitar work was absent on this release though (unless I just didn't notice it). While not a necessary element in the band's sound, some of my favorite tracks have the guitar kinda sprinkled in the background, which I really enjoy.