PIAPTK - Grandaddy "Arm of Roger - The Ham and It's Lily"

ryantark

Crazy stuff right here.

$17+ship

Soild Gold is beyond thrilled to announce the first ever vinyl issue of Grandaddy's "lost" practical joke record, Arm of Roger: The Ham and It's Lily!  Like all Soild Gold Releases, it is limited to 200 LPs and 100 cassettes sold. 165 of those LPs are on transparent gold vinyl, and 35 copies (randomly inserted into orders) are on "mustard and ketchup" vinyl to mirror the back cover of the original CD release.

This was the “practical joke” album that Grandaddy sent to their label, V2, prior to sending them the masters to The Sophtware Slump. The label was not thrilled by their “new direction”, but you will be. Songs about robots, animals, behind the scenes band drama, and female genitalia. 

A lot of their releases are curiosities and vinyl experiments but, if/when PIAPTK or Soild Gold release actual albums from well known acts, buy them ASAP.  I spent months trying to find a copy of Scott McMicken's solo album, sent hundreds of emails, including to Dr. Dog and the label owner, and in the end I had to beg a skeezy dude on Discogs to drop his price from $200 to $50 for a month in order to get a copy.

Here is a YouTube stream for this Grandaddy joke album: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=arm+of+roger+album

The second album is Floating Action, I think, which is actually a good record/band. totally worth $32 for both, considering these Grandaddy LPs will probably be flipped for $100 and, if/when the label makes a handful more copies available in a few months, it could be priced at $75 on their store.

The second album is Floating Action, I think, which is actually a good record/band. totally worth $32 for both, considering these Grandaddy LPs will probably be flipped for $100 and, if/when the label makes a handful more copies available in a few months, it could be priced at $75 on their store.

This won't get repressed. This label is a one time pressing operation.

This won't get repressed. This label is a one time pressing operation.

Not a new pressing.  Just extra copies that they put for sale months after the album has sold out.  See here for examples: http://piaptk.limitedrun.com/products/529423-archives-12-10-lp-sale

The Scott McMicken LP was originally sold for $20 I think and then it sold out earlier in the year.  And yesterday they put 4 more copies up for $75 each.  Since Grandaddy is a well known name in the indie world, they are more likely to be sought after and subsequently priced similarly to the McMicken LP when they eventually re-emerge on their site as bonus/vault copies.

I don't know if they've done this before or if this is a one time "hey, we found some hidden copies *wink wink*" sale to raise much needed funds. It's their right to benefit from their own production scarcity if that's what they need to do to stay afloat.

I only know about it and mention it because my 4 month daily search for that Scott McMicken LP required me to become an obsessive expert at any/all info related to its release. I now sound like a maniac in that thread and here and any place on the internet with info about that release and comments enabled. :)

I did pm the owner of PIAPTK on here a few months ago. He PMd me back and said "I'm sorry but I don't know where you could get one." I believe he probably didn't have plans at the time to sell the remaining copies, so he was being honest about not knowing where I could get one. Besides, even if he wrote back and offered me one for $75, I wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway.

I did pm the owner of PIAPTK on here a few months ago. He PMd me back and said "I'm sorry but I don't know where you could get one." I believe he probably didn't have plans at the time to sell the remaining copies, so he was being honest about not knowing where I could get one. Besides, even if he wrote back and offered me one for $75, I wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway.

That at least seems pretty damn honest. Can't fault them for that.