The Ghost Inside involved in deadly bus accident

IanRees

My heart sank when I read the headline. Great dudes, we grew up in the same music scene and my old band played shows with them when they were A Dying Dream & Vigil is still a dear friend of mine. Thankfully the band and crew are all alive but sadly their bus driver was killed.

A tour bus containing The Ghost Inside crashed into an  18-wheeler truck early this morning, leaving two people dead, reportedly both drivers.

KFMX report the accident happened on Hwy 180 about 24 miles east of El Paso heading towards the Guadalupe Mountains. KFMX reports that the manager of The Wonder Years got news back to them that all the members of The Ghost Inside and their crew are safe.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/the-ghost-inside-involved-in-fatal-bus-crash-that-killed-two

A Gofundme has been set up to cover the band's medical bills and equipment losses as well as funeral expenses incurred during this tragic event. The bus driver leaves behind a child.

https://www.gofundme.com/aqb5umd8

• 2 weeks later...

They are getting better.....updates on the facebook page are about as good as you are going to get.....straight from the band

They cancelled the upcoming Australian tour with Amity and ADTR

Ah okay, I saw those but was hoping for more... it's understandable though, they need their privacy. With the exception of ADTR (who is from Ocala only an hour from where I live, so I always have the off chance of them playing another secret show at an intimate venue for only 200 people like they did recently and NOT missing it next time I guess lol), TGI was the best part of that tour, so that really sucks for anyone who was planning on going.

Also, your Amity collection is amazing... holy fuck.

I work in Ocala. Where you from?

Kissimmee! I feel like we probably have friends in common on Facebook or something though because I've seen your username around before (unless maybe I've just seen it on here which I'm sure is another possibility) and that keywork tattoo does look very familiar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pretty shocking update from Andrew...

cDKPvPd.jpg

"So the rumors are true everyone! Unfortunately I did lose my leg in this accident. This is one injury among many others such as fractures in my ribs, spine, and hip along with some ligament tears in my rotator cuff and Labrum. I have remained in positive and good spirits since I woke up from a 10 day coma in November to the sight of my missing leg. Not going to let it stop me. I don't care what anyone says. It's a long road ahead, but I WILL play drums again. Can't wait to get back on the kit. Couldn't have dealt with this without the love and support from my brothers in TGI & crew, friends, fans and family. Thank you all ❤️"

....holy shit :( 

Fuck that sucks. Vigil posted a update yesterday.

12501937_924669410961957_1780425861_n.jp

After scars on my head, a fracture on my neck, a fracture on my back, a wound on my back, skin graft right elbow, ligament damage on my knee, broken tooth and two broken ankles, I'm here world. If you're texting me please add your name cuz I have a new phone entirely. Thank you and glad I'm alive.

• 2 weeks later...