Me vs. Vinnie from LTJ

well as a fellow drummer, i tend to listen to drums the most and they're really boring on recent LTJ albums.

you know, as a fellow drummer, I can see your point because he doesn't do much but he doesn't really need to do much in less than jake. Just keep the beat and let everyone else shine. which he does successfully. So who cares if he doesn't do anything complicated.

On some thread about an Epitaph band a while back Mr. Brett commented on something I said. I didn't make note but I got about 4 IM's from people who were like, "That really is Mr. Brett!".

I guess I should have been shocked.

Starbolt is the name I expect a former junkie in LA to call themselves on the internet. Plus, only Mr. Brett would defend a band like Escape the Fate.

Vinnie's kind of a crybaby. I slagged In With The Out Crowd on my year-end list for the 'Org in 2006, listing it as one of the year's biggest disappointments and writing "So this is what it sounds like to lose your spark." Dude then tracked me down on myspace and sent the following:

"i see we (less than jake) made your list! interesting words about our band.i won't dispute your view on the record cause opinions are fine by me, seems like you were taking a stab at the band and not the record. am i misreading that?- vinnie"

I wrote this long thing back about how it was strictly about the music, how I was a fan, etc. etc. etc., very politely and stuff. And then he never even bothered to write back.

Dude, if you can't take criticism, stop trying to make a living in a business that thrives on critique.

Guest genericinsight

I just think a lot of people tend to forget bands/band members actually read Punknews and the comments section. It's not that surprising.