Vinyl Noobery

there's not anything necessarily odd about that. labels get multiple tests made and don't usually listen to more than one copy in order to approve it. the rest get passed out/sold without ever being played and then if the new owner spins it or not is up to them. i know i have a bunch of tests from the label i used to do work for that i've never spun since i've got standard copies as well.

I know some labels make ridiculous /50 tests, but I always assumed they still get all listened to. I figured even if there are only 5, why not listen to all 5 just to make sure?

I know some labels make ridiculous /50 tests, but I always assumed they still get all listened to. I figured even if there are only 5, why not listen to all 5 just to make sure?

Theres a shitload of sealed test presses out there. This one is overpriced

http://m.ebay.com/itm/331750837657

First vinyl I ever bought was a picture disc (in a boxset). At the time, I had no clue what a picture disc was, and had no idea that it actually contained playable music. Maybe I thought it was a showpiece type thing? Like those gold and silver award records for bands/labels...

For about 3 months i thought the new Todd Terje record was just this super chill collection of instrumentals. 

Moving it up to 45rpm was like getting a new record. or a 2 for 1! 

haha. this was one of the albums that i listened to at 33 1/3 RPM. i thought todd terje was just exploring a new musical style, as i deliberately didn't listen to any of the leaks. the martini i prepped was much more fitting when i made the bump to 45 RPM.