[PO] Katatonia \\ The Fall of Hearts

21 minutes ago, najerarick88 said:

Yes, I received my shipping confirmation on Wednesday. I would assume it would show up around the middle of next week or so. That's usually the time frame for Napalm orders to the US. 

Just as I was going to respond with, "Well what the hell? I didn't get anything!", a shipping notice popped up in my email :D Sweet. 

9 hours ago, morfiend said:

So far, this sounds a lot like the last couple of records. I haven't finished listening to the whole thing yet but nothing really stands out so far. I dunno, hopefully it grows on me but right now most of the tracks sound pretty similar to one another. 

I second this. A bit bored on my first run through. It was funny, as one song was ending I was thinking, "A lot of these songs have the same keyboard/strings backing." Sure enough, the next song started with nearly the exact same keyboard/strings backing before the guitar came in. 

I like Dead End Kings, but haven't really felt strongly about anything else they've done. I'll listen through a couple more times and see how I feel.

• 4 months later...

Had time to listen to the record again this morning!

Have to say it's mindblowing and could be my favorite Katatonia-release ever...at the moment it's head-to-head with "Night is the new Day"! Old Heart Falls, Sistere, Takeover, etc...so many great songs!!! One aspirant for my Album of the Year!

I've seen them live two weeks ago which was ok...Super tight, great etc but they sound like their CDs with the volumed cracked up! I rather listen to them on CD...

And playing after AGENT FRESCO is never good for any band! ;)

BTW, the gold variant [/500] is up on Napalm for 21.99€!

I'm going to be seeing these guys this coming Friday for my 28th birthday in London where they are playing The Great Cold Distance in it's entirety followed by an intermission and then a second mixed release set. Beyond happy to see them live again. I echo your sentiments about this being a potential AOTY. I've found myself returning to it quite regularly.