Celtic Frost - Monotheist Reissue

This classic of an album is being reissued this may. This was my very first venture into the realm of extreme music, and the amount of horizons it opened for me is really quite ridiculous. I'm by no means referring to this album as a gateway album, though. The music on this thing is the very definition of despair, very few records have come close to the brilliance of this record as far as I'm aware. Even Thomas Gabriel Fischer, the mastermind behind the music ( Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, and currently Triptykon ( Which by the way completely rules ) considers this album to be among his greatest work, and he'd change very little about it, despite being very picky and harsh on his own work, I suppose you could call him a perfectionist.

http://www.amazon.de/Monotheist-Re-Issue-2016-Vinyl-LP/dp/B01C9LDQLW/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1458065363&sr=1-3&keywords=celtic+frost+monotheist

More info should follow soon, pre-orders are up on all EMP Mail Order/Merch sites, as well.

I also did a search and it'd seem that no one has spoken of the upcoming reissue of Eparistera Daimones by Triptykon which hits this april. ( Thomas' current band.)

His work with Triptykon is very much a continuation of the sound that was formed on Monotheist.

I also did a search and it'd seem that no one has spoken of the upcoming reissue of Eparistera Daimones by Triptykon which hits this april. ( Thomas' current band.)

His work with Triptykon is very much a continuation of the sound that was formed on Monotheist.

http://www.cmdistro.de/Item/Triptykon_-_Eparistera_Daimones_-Re-issue_2016-_-Gatefold_silver_2LP_-_Poster-/2700

I'd keep an eye open for the Celtic Frost record here as well (unless it has already sold out).

http://www.cmdistro.de/Item/Triptykon_-_Eparistera_Daimones_-Re-issue_2016-_-Gatefold_silver_2LP_-_Poster-/2700

I'd keep an eye open for the Celtic Frost record here as well (unless it has already sold out).

The Celtic Frost record should be up in a little bit, I have a feeling they're just being slow about it. Suicide Silence's The Cleansing doesn't show up neither, except for on the american site ( Only the coloured vinyl are available there, though. )

Celtic Frost is a band that I have loved since the mid to late 80's, yes, I am that old. I never got a chance to see them, but did make it to see them on this tour before the plug was pulled. I don't think there was anything that sounded like this at the time of its release...looking forward to picking it up

Are you morbid?