Pictures of Minus the Bear POI test pressings

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

So you might be wondering why I am only now sharing photos of the test pressings we got done for Minus the Bear’s “Planet of Ice”. You see, I had one friend make silk-screened covers and then I had a friend offer to make a unique painting for each test press. Who was I to say no? I actually presented 6 test pressings to the band last night when they were in Denver and it seemed as though they were absolutely blown away. I really can’t say enough about how nice the guys in Minus the Bear are. I mean, a band at their level could be complete assholes and there are tons of bands nowhere near their level that are. But the guys were so appreciative that we have been doing their vinyl and the truth is, it is such an honor to be a part of such an unbelievable band.

Enough ranting, I took photos of all 20 test pressings to share with you. I do plan on selling 1 or 2 most likely through Ebay, but most of the copies are going to the band, to their management, to Suicide Squeeze and a few are going to my son Logan’s college fund!

A quick desription, the record labels are each hand numbered, the silk-screened jackets are each hand-numbered, and each one comes with a completely unique painting done my good buddy Vinnie Fasano. These turned out so sweet.

here is a better look at the silk-screened jacket

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can’t say enough about how nice the guys in Minus the Bear are. I mean, a band at their level could be complete assholes and there are tons of bands nowhere near their level that are. But the guys were so appreciative that we have been doing their vinyl and the truth is, it is such an honor to be a part of such an unbelievable band.

I couldn't agree with you more Virgil. I got that sense when I met the guys to turn over ther records to them and even when I stuck around afterwards to get my copy signed, they were fuckin' awesome. They were super appreciative for the support and having taken the time to get them the records. Knowing how they are, makes listening to the music and being a fan even better.

Hell, I even invited them over to our house for some home-cooked Latin food.

looks rad virgil. I totally saw you at the show last night and was gonna thank you for taking a large part of my income, but you had an entourage happening so I decided not to. really fun night though, totally worth the drive up.

you should have said hi. It is always nice to know the colorado VC folks. Wasn't the show unbelievable. It felt like they read my mind when picking their set list.