Minus the Bear "Highly Refined Pirates" repress 3

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't want to be a downer, but as a collector, does anybody else get a little discouraged with all the represses? i love vinyl more than anything, but the represses are a little ridiculous to me. i collect a lot of bands and with all the represses coming out i can't keep up. pirates was re-issued less than 6 months ago and it makes me a little annoyed knowing i will never have all the records from my favorite bands. very humbling, makes me want to stop collecting certain bands or only buying 1 record from every press. ETID is a good example, LNIT was in the box set so i don't know why it had to be repressed by itself. the PTW records, versions-TOOD and TFTR lps, MTB planet, ISIS red sea. jesus christ. i am sorry, i just needed to vent and you guys understand.

Is why aside from 1 band, and then 1 record from another, I'm not too into the variant thing.

But really, you can't expect them to just press it once and call it quits. I mean it happens at times, but usually shit is repressed. People want limited color shit, then when they get it, they complain. It's lose/lose.

no bro, i don't expect them to press it once and call it quits, just space it out a little. a year or so is enough time, it's just that they are so close to each other. meaning the MTB records and ETID. it has only been a few months. ISIS is getting bad at this too, well, not ISIS, but the labels are.

Guest kevinb

The thing that get's me is there was no notice for a pre-order.. you know damn well 17 copies of almost anything on here is going to sell out fast right?

well,just 2 days before this 3 pack showed up, I ordered a copy on orange from Lucky Industrys because i had no idea about this, and just today i got the VC email about the 3 pack wtf good dose that do??

i don't want to be a downer, but as a collector, does anybody else get a little discouraged with all the represses? i love vinyl more than anything, but the represses are a little ridiculous to me. i collect a lot of bands and with all the represses coming out i can't keep up. pirates was re-issued less than 6 months ago and it makes me a little annoyed knowing i will never have all the records from my favorite bands. very humbling, makes me want to stop collecting certain bands or only buying 1 record from every press.

There you go. Just buy 1 record. Labels are going to keep on pressing releases that sell, and they should. I'm really glad I don't have this "I have to have them all" mentality. It sounds like a disease.

but really, one of the reasons they sell so well is because there are people that buy 8 of them! i mean, i know that no one is forced to buy anything but really, records should just be kept in print after a certain amount. do runs of 500 or 1000 all on black for the people who want to hear the record and just do a new pressing when the previous is close to selling out.

Guest kevinb

i dont realy get the point of collecting variants anyways??? 90% of the time you are never going to see them & they will just sit on the shelf.. unless your some rich fuck that needs a different color for every day of the week ha ha

i dont realy get the point of collecting variants anyways??? 90% of the time you are never going to see them & they will just sit on the shelf.. unless your some rich fuck that needs a different color for every day of the week ha ha

is there a difference with collecting anything? it makes you feel good to know you one. i know it feels great when i get a test press that i know only 4 other people on the planet has, especially when the music is special to me.

after i get a couple of pieces in the mail i will have finally completed my first collection and i'm glad the band is not "big" enough to warrant new represses every 6 months.

jesus, a bunch of pussies. so your a 'collector'.... so how is this determined. im a 'collector', im not an whiner/musthaveitallasshole. i had the chance to get that purple, i wish i did, so i could feel more satisfaction than i do now about your complaining, i stayed with red. shit the only thing that comes out of having a complete collection is bragging, which makes you look more of an asshole/retard.

i relate it to in waynes world when they have the backdrop of Delaware, "Hi, I'm in...Delaware"... its like 'ok, so you have all the records....ok'

did that make sense??? yaaay rant