2814 - Rain Temple

I received mine yesterday, and the difference in quality between the packing for this and Birth of a New Day is noticeable. The sleeves are much thicker and have a nice matte finish to them, and the records themselves are a milky clear color quite thick. The sleeves are the shitty black paper ones that came with BoaND, but they're some sort of...plastic? They're definitely an improvement, but I still swapped out for MoFi sleeves right away just to stay on the safe side.

On 8/3/2016 at 9:36 AM, natenomm said:

I received mine yesterday, and the difference in quality between the packing for this and Birth of a New Day is noticeable. The sleeves are much thicker and have a nice matte finish to them, and the records themselves are a milky clear color quite thick. The sleeves are the shitty black paper ones that came with BoaND, but they're some sort of...plastic? They're definitely an improvement, but I still swapped out for MoFi sleeves right away just to stay on the safe side.

The sleeves might be really thin PVC. I'm not sure myself so I swapped them out, but if anyone else has anything to say about it I'm interested

• 2 months later...

Heads up - if you ordered a black Rain Temple repress, check your emails.

Looks like there was a mix-up at the pressing plant and black vinyl is no longer available. They're offering transparent vinyl instead, but you've got to respond to their email to confirm that's ok.

Edited by WalnutSoap

15 hours ago, WalnutSoap said:

Heads up - if you ordered a black Rain Temple repress, check your emails.

Looks like there was a mix-up at the pressing plant and black vinyl is no longer available. They're offering transparent vinyl instead, but you've got to respond to their email to confirm that's ok.

So more of the first variant it sounds like?

2 minutes ago, salvanipour said:

Seems to be the case. Good if you got in on the release later,  bad if you wanted an early exclusive. I replied shortly after they sent out the email and got a shipping notification for the clear copy this morning.

Anything that spurns the flippers is a-ok by me. 

58 minutes ago, WalnutSoap said:

Still can't understand why they haven't repressed the first LP. Surely they know that there's demand.

This.  I believe a repress has been hinted more than once, but I'm wondering what the holdup is.  Someone get that repressed on translucent purple vinyl so I can stop feeling guilty about missing the black 1st press.

8 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

This.  I believe a repress has been hinted more than once, but I'm wondering what the holdup is.  Someone get that repressed on translucent purple vinyl so I can stop feeling guilty about missing the black 1st press.

Yeah, they've more or less said that it'd get a repress.

You'd think that'd be an easy money-maker for the label too. 

Just throw a pre-order up and get it going man!

Received my copy of the clear variant yesterday. 

In the email I received from them, they promised a free gift for the inconvenience (!) of not getting a black vinyl copy, and inside the package was a 'Best of Dream Catalogue 2814-2815' CD. Nice bonus!

Win/Win as far as I am concerned.

I read somewhere that the wishes of a repress of the first album has been acknowledged, I understand it is because they had a fall out with the distributor / manufacturer so a new master will need to be created. I'm sure it will happen some time in the future though.

• 4 weeks later...