More than 2 sections in the forum? YES or NO?

I don't think there needs to be anymore.

I am a mod on another board, we once had 4 separate boards and recently decided to collapse them into one. Traffic and post production increased.

If there's too many sections the posts get spread out and it's harder to keep track of things.

The only way I would be fore this is if there is a separate section for buying/selling/trading/ebaying -- however, I think that can wait until the site becomes a bit more popular.

I vote for 2 more forums

1 announcements

1 trade/sell/etc

I didn't think about announcements. Good call!

Scott brought this up before and his take has become mine. I don't want to do anything that would drive traffic away from Virgil's work. I like the idea of trading and selling since its a ton of threads but other than that I don't want to take away from the traffic on the VC forum too much.

if you make another thread for announcements then you take a majority of the threads away from the VCboard. all you need are three:

1- vinyl related

2- non vinyl related

3- sales/trades [which i think should just be vinyl related, but whatever. keep non-vinyl sales trades in the everything else board]

if you make another thread for announcements then you take a majority of the threads away from the VCboard. all you need are three:

1- vinyl related

2- non vinyl related

3- sales/trades [which i think should just be vinyl related, but whatever. keep non-vinyl sales trades in the everything else board]

I was thinking VC-related announcements, not ALL. I'm just tired of half the board being stickies.

1- vinyl related

2- non vinyl related

I was thinking VC-related announcements, not ALL. I'm just tired of half the board being stickies.

I agree with that. I wish there was a way maybe to stick those announcements where the list of forums is. Something like that.

so what were talking is:

1- VC announcements and related threads [ie. restocks, POs etc.]

2- all other vinyl

3- everything non-vinyl

4- sales/trades [of vinyl]

personally, i think its too much unnecessary business. im sure Virgil doesnt want to have to go back and forth between two forums to get the scoop on what were talking about, just to post all his stuff in one thread.

i think the stickies work fine and the lack of all the 'buy my shit' threads will help out a lot

so what were talking is:

1- VC announcements and related threads [ie. restocks, POs etc.]

2- all other vinyl

3- everything non-vinyl

4- sales/trades [of vinyl]

personally, i think its too much unnecessary business. im sure Virgil doesnt want to have to go back and forth between two forums to get the scoop on what were talking about, just to post all his stuff in one thread.

i think the stickies work fine and the lack of all the 'buy my shit' threads will help out a lot

that is too much. virgil pretty much only reads the VC forum as it is. if I did anything it'd be just 3.