Just bought my Dark Knight Imax Tickets

Guest falloutcollapse
My cousin and I got tickets to a DLP screen...There's no IMAX around us.

I've never been to an IMAX theater before. The closest one to me is about 2 hours away.

I went to the one at Navy Pier to see Star Wars 3, it was insane.

I wish I still worked at the movie theater. Then I could brag about seeing it a month early to all you fuckers.

I've read prints are getting overnighted to theaters the day before the midnight releases, so you'd probably get a few hour jump start.

yeah I'm not surprised. They did that with Star Wars. Plus you don't get the codes for the locks until about 3-4 hours before it's supposed to show.

It's a modern trend in the last 10 years. Came along with the internetz.

I bought tickets to see it in IMAX in Chicago. I forgot to check it until a couple weeks ago (they must have gone on sale in mid-June here) and everything for the entire first weekend was sold out for all of the reasonable times. However, there were good seats available for Friday morning, 6 AM! So I'm doing that. It'll be awesome. I'll get up early, see the movie in IMAX, then I have a full day ahead of me of studying for the bar.

Anyhow, it beats the 3 AM show. There's no way I could stay awake at a 3 AM show, but if I just get up early, it shouldn't be a problem.

I bought regular midnight showing tickets earlier today.

The only movie I saw on Imax was Batman Begins, and honestly, I wasn't that impressed. It's too fucking big to know what's going on half the time.

But I got digital cable last year, and have nothing even resembling an HD tv. Hell... I've got 1 tv that's not an old school flat-screen, so I'm not up on technology or expecting much. ie, I'm easily wow'ed.