Whats the worst opening act you've seen?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow...i love recover...i wish they'd finally get up and effing tour again...

the absolute worst opener ever was Moneen @ a Taking Back Sunday/Saves the Day show in nyc in like 2003 i think...

they played for 15 min, and its 15 min i will NEVER get back.

Moneen was the best part of that show.

This thread sucks. If you really hate a band that's "opening" a show that much, why not just go hang out somewhere else in the venue until the band is over rather than forcing yourself to sit through it?

yeah sometimes i like to try and give the opener a shot...ive seen some downright amazing ones...but i didnt like moneen @ all (i should also say i do enjoy their cds...they were just a terrible live act)

wow...i love recover...i wish they'd finally get up and effing tour again...

the absolute worst opener ever was Moneen @ a Taking Back Sunday/Saves the Day show in nyc in like 2003 i think...

they played for 15 min, and its 15 min i will NEVER get back.

Moneen was the best part of that show.

This thread sucks. If you really hate a band that's "opening" a show that much, why not just go hang out somewhere else in the venue until the band is over rather than forcing yourself to sit through it?

you have a good spot?

i can't believe moneen is on here so much. i know they couldn't sing at all for a few years, but i always thought their sets were pretty decent.

also, i think it was discussed on here sometime last year, but: i am ghost. fucking hilariously bad. setting up fans to blow their hair back while they solo'd wearing sunglasses and scarves inside a 40+ degree celsius club in the middle of summer. laughable.

Bedlight for Blue Eyes

Mother Mime (a local band from the Wilkes-Barre area)

Yip Yip

I have a hard time remembering bad opening acts because I usually step outside or something if I don't like the band.

Thank you Nate, you've proven the point I just posted. +1 for you.

Yeah, I'll always give an opening band a chance, but if I don't like them after one or two songs, I'll find something else to do if possible.

riverboat gamblers by far. or the clockouts

PSH what?! Sorry did you think the question was, "What band utterly rocked your face to the bone?"

Eh, whatever I guess they're not everyone's taste but I was really impressed by the energy of their live show. Mike was literally jumping off stacks of amps and climbing up (and jumping off) balconies the entire time. But I guess if you don't dig the music it wouldn't do much.

kid rock opening for 88 fingers louie, fury 66 and ensign. wierd right?

i know you guys love em, but i couldnt wait for Say ANything to finish when they opened for piebald.

and i can agree with - from first to last on the boys night out tour.

i know there is a shit ton more but i cant remember any. the 2 bands that opened for alkaline trio on this recent tour. god aweful