Whats the worst opening act you've seen?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Year of the Rabbit - They opened for Thursday and they opened with a cover of The Cure - Plainsong.. I've always been a big fan of NOT opening your set with a cover from a band who is infinitely better than you.

i have to disagree. i enjoyed watching them on that tour. and anything ken andrews does is awesome.

Guest baseball

I don't remember what they were called, but the 3rd band that played on the Minus The Bear/Portugal The Man tour.

Horrendously annoying.

Guest baseball

Oh and I'll probably piss a couple people off with this one. And technically they weren't an opening band persay since I've only seen them at Insubordination Fest twice, but..

The Steinways

Sorry, but they're terrible live. I cannot think of a more annoying band.

I don't remember what they were called, but the 3rd band that played on the Minus The Bear/Portugal The Man tour.

Horrendously annoying.

ha i remember them, but, like you, not the name.

in 2001 I got a free ticket a radio station concert at Cobo Hall. I showed up, being as it was free and it was the "alternative" station, and I saw: Good Charlotte, Boxcar Racer, and Zwan.

Laughed through GC, went for a food run during Boxcar, and then joined the entire crowd in booing Zwan during their set, don't know if they got booed off satge because i left after the thrid song. Sorry Billy, 7 minute dueling guitar solo intros with full reverb aren't gonna do it for me.

Worst show ever.

Saw The Kinison open for Bad Religion. At the time I thought they were absolutely horrendous. With a change of taste since then I'm wondering now if I would have been more open to them. Though their lead singer was somewhat of a douche in the way he handled jeering, so maybe not.

This reminds me of when From First To Last opened for Bad Religion. They were awful. Only about 20 people cared about them. There was some amazing heckling going on while they played though.

Saw The Kinison open for Bad Religion. At the time I thought they were absolutely horrendous. With a change of taste since then I'm wondering now if I would have been more open to them. Though their lead singer was somewhat of a douche in the way he handled jeering, so maybe not.

This reminds me of when From First To Last opened for Bad Religion. They were awful. Only about 20 people cared about them. There was some amazing heckling going on while they played though.

I actually Fall Out Boy open for BR too. Had no idea who they were a the time. My friend and I both found the Simpsons reference cool but then Pete wouldn't shut-up for the entire set.

Guest genericinsight
wow...i love recover...i wish they'd finally get up and effing tour again...

the absolute worst opener ever was Moneen @ a Taking Back Sunday/Saves the Day show in nyc in like 2003 i think...

they played for 15 min, and its 15 min i will NEVER get back.

Moneen was the best part of that show.

This thread sucks. If you really hate a band that's "opening" a show that much, why not just go hang out somewhere else in the venue until the band is over rather than forcing yourself to sit through it?

Guest genericinsight
Bedlight for Blue Eyes

Mother Mime (a local band from the Wilkes-Barre area)

Yip Yip

I have a hard time remembering bad opening acts because I usually step outside or something if I don't like the band.

Thank you Nate, you've proven the point I just posted. +1 for you.

wow...i love recover...i wish they'd finally get up and effing tour again...

the absolute worst opener ever was Moneen @ a Taking Back Sunday/Saves the Day show in nyc in like 2003 i think...

they played for 15 min, and its 15 min i will NEVER get back.

Moneen was the best part of that show.

This thread sucks. If you really hate a band that's "opening" a show that much, why not just go hang out somewhere else in the venue until the band is over rather than forcing yourself to sit through it?

Most of the shows I go to do not allow re-entry and the clubs are too small to escape the music. I do my best to not even show up until the band(s) I want to see is close to playing, but when you live an hour or more away from the venues, you've got to err on the side of caution to avoid missing the band(s) you're there to see.