Whats the worst opening act you've seen?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moneen, Alexisonfire, A Static Lullaby.

I've never seen Moneen, but Alexisonfire and A Static Lullaby are both terrible.

However, I think my least favorite opening act was Beep Beep when they were touring with The Faint. Holy christ they were bad, and their guitarist was a giant douche bag.

hmmm....soooo many terrible openers so few days to write them all down...

Kid Rock opening for Fishbone is fresh in my mind from telling Flood about that last night....I'll think of more.

...Kid With Man Head (opening for Bad Religion / Promise Ring at the Riv in Chicago) whew! did that band blow.

a local Pittsburgh band named "A Week in July". They seemed to get on every single fucking show at Club Laga that I went to, regardless of the band/genre they were opening for.

It was funny watching them go from Blink 182/NFG --> Thursday ---> Thrice(metally guitar) throughout the years. Just awful.

also, Opiate for the Masses.

Watched some local act (Whiskey Avenger) play before La Plebe and after Cobra Skulls. It was awful. College Frat Boy reggae played by white dudes and an Asian dude who used to drum in a nu-metal band. Let's go over the break down of songs "I'm so drunk", "I'm so High" "I left my girl so I'm drunk now" "my girl left because I'm a drunk" "I'm high because my girl is awesome" "I'm so high (reprise)". About as deep as a thimble.

Fuck there were like 30 chicks there just for that band.

Weston.

They opened for Samiam and I think they played for an hour or more. It was fucking unbelievable. I never saw anything like it. I cringe just thinking about that band because of it. First and last time I ever heard their music, so my 'worst' comment has more to do with the length of the set. Even though I don't recall liking them at all

Year of the Rabbit - They opened for Thursday and they opened with a cover of The Cure - Plainsong.. I've always been a big fan of NOT opening your set with a cover from a band who is infinitely better than you.

I never saw them live, but dude...it's Ken Andrews...you just really can't fuck with that guy...he was in Failure.

Saw Static Lullabye open for Strung Out...Shit was awful. A bunch of local hardcore acts played before Tera Melos one time, that sucked balls.

I had to sit through Matt Skiba to see Chuck Ragan...BURN!

If you saw a Static Lullaby open for Strung Out, that probably means you saw my choice for worst opener of all time: The Kinison