wii @ e3

fucking retarded. i've yet to see one thing not aimed at 10 yr olds. they haven't shown any of their big guns like zelda or mario either. this is a system for little kids and people who don't like video games.

i think i'll just wait til they move to their next system and pick a wii up for $25 along with no heroes, mario, and zelda. i did that with the cube and 64, and didn't feel left out. their systems hold no value at all in the long run.

Nintendo is making money hand over fist precisely because their system isn't meant for video game people. Who, I would be willing to bet are outnumbered 100:1 by people who aren't video game people. Meaning Nintendo picked a gigantic market for their system but just deciding their system wouldn't be against the PS3 or the XBOX 360. Good call by them.

Nintendo is making money hand over fist precisely because their system isn't meant for video game people. Who, I would be willing to bet are outnumbered 100:1 by people who aren't video game people. Meaning Nintendo picked a gigantic market for their system but just deciding their system wouldn't be against the PS3 or the XBOX 360. Good call by them.

QFT.

it was a good move on their part. but they control some of the best IP on the planet, yet do next to nothing with it. they should lease it to microsoft and let them make a decent mario or zelda game. they do 1 good game per console per character usually. and some, like kirby almost never get used.

fucking retarded. i've yet to see one thing not aimed at 10 yr olds. they haven't shown any of their big guns like zelda or mario either. this is a system for little kids and people who don't like video games.

i think i'll just wait til they move to their next system and pick a wii up for $25 along with no heroes, mario, and zelda. i did that with the cube and 64, and didn't feel left out. their systems hold no value at all in the long run.

Get Boom Blox and Zack and Wiki while you're at it too because both of those games are awesome.

see i like what my wii has become...a cool party game...i enjoyed mario galaxy and zelda...i think i'll give the newest metroid a shot today...but most of our games are multiplayer affairs that are great for the drunken masses that frequent our parties...it gives some folks something to do that is not beer pong...

i think they have made a step to ensure that not matter how things pan out...they will sustain as a company...that said..their next system should be an xbox killer...nintendo has made tons of cash from the wii and a powerhouse system that will fuck up microsofts shit will make them top dog again...since the ps3 has already failed miserably.

i want a return to nintendo gaming heyday: the snes...they obvi. know their roots with the virtual console...so to hope this isnt entirely out of the question...i hope.

I don't understand all the Wii hate. My brother loves his Wii but spends half of his video game time playing RPGs like Fable, Final Fantasy, etc. Wii is just an awesome hang around, get high, and play games system. I can see why if given the choice of only one system you wouldn't go with it, but if you have your own house/apartment and have people over a decent amount I think it's the best choice, especially for the money.

gives some folks something to do that is not beer pong...

There will be a beer pong game available on WiiWare, they had to change the name of it because someone's panties got all bunchy, but it will be out in the wild soon.

I'll be too busy playing Dr. Mario and counting down the days until Mega Man 9 to care about that one. Same with World Championship Eating or whatever that abomination is called...

I don't understand all the Wii hate. My brother loves his Wii but spends half of his video game time playing RPGs like Fable, Final Fantasy, etc. Wii is just an awesome hang around, get high, and play games system. I can see why if given the choice of only one system you wouldn't go with it, but if you have your own house/apartment and have people over a decent amount I think it's the best choice, especially for the money.

best post in this thread

I don't understand all the Wii hate. My brother loves his Wii but spends half of his video game time playing RPGs like Fable, Final Fantasy, etc.

This is exactly how I have been operating lately. Persona 3 on the PS2 and Final Fantasy Tactics on DS have been played more than the Wii lately, but when we have people over we fire up Boom Blox and all is great in the world.

i love video games. and im not a kid. im closer to middle aged than i am to a 10yr old. and i love the wii.

i think its awesome they dont put out the same shit like the other consoles do. im sick of first person shooter games, and the same sports games every year. dont get me wrong, i like to play them sometimes, and i have a PS3, but after 15 years of playing video games in the same style, im happy to have something a little different.