Brand New Vinyl News straight from Jesse Lacey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't as bad as it sounded he just said actually I don't take pics, he was actually pretty nice pretty much talked to everybody and signed stuff for anybody who wanted something signed.

When he was flirting with me (and my fellow 16 year old friends) and Brand New was opening up for Taking Back Sunday, he took pictures. He wasn't an aloof dramatic character then plus he actually laughed. True story!

Nooooo! He was a dick to a guy, but was totally nice for young, attractive girls? Holy shit.

aaaaaaaand jesse addressed the dollar issue last year when he did this tour on the east coast and someone asked during a q&a. he stuck by his story that he's working on them and they will one day randomly show up at your door.

yeah, nobody's moved in the last several years, have they?

I'm obviously not in the know with the whole situation. could someone please explain whatever this dollar issue is that everyone is talking about

The band was going to make lyric sheets for the last album, and asked $1 for them. A bunch of people sent a $1, but no one got the lyric sheets.

In the liner notes of the CD booklet:

[image]

Album released two years ago...any mail sent to that address gets returned now.

wow he sounds like a deuchbag

It wasn't as bad as it sounded he just said actually I don't take pics, he was actually pretty nice pretty much talked to everybody and signed stuff for anybody who wanted something signed.

thats when you snap a picture off right then catching him off guard.

as much as i want to believe this stuff is going to get released, i don't. they have been saying it forever and it hasn't happened.

no vinyl at all? i thought there was going to be a tour press or something.

Kevin will have a tour pressing of his new 7", but probably not until the start of his tour w/ Matt Pryor in August

as much as i want to believe this stuff is going to get released, i don't. they have been saying it forever and it hasn't happened.

no vinyl at all? i thought there was going to be a tour press or something.

Kevin will have a tour pressing of his new 7", but probably not until the start of his tour w/ Matt Pryor in August

thank you!

wow he sounds like a deuchbag

Yeah, I had a rad conversation with him for a full half hour at an after show last year. Some girls tried taking his picture when we were talking and he didn't like it at all. I think he was stoked I wanted to talk music with him.

i don't think jesse is a douche bag. if anyone is a douche bag it's most of the fans. and also, i doubt anyone who doesn't have a sense of humor would name their record imprint "Procrastinate! Music Traitors." and the whole dollar thing is overrated. i am willing to bet he's doing it to be an asshole, and everyone will get them eventually.

when i met him in PA on the acoustic tour last year, he was the nicest dude. and my friend asked for a picture, but he declined and said he really doesn't do that. then my friend showed him his brand new tattoo, so jesse told him to wait there and went to grab his polaroid. when he came back he took a picture of my friend's tattoo, which is pretty funny since someone earlier asked him to take a picture of themselves. but overall, he was a very nice dude and took the time out to talk to everyone. he is always singing too. weird, but cool.