PO: CONOR OBERST "S/T" LP

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

CONOR OBERST "S/T" LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/mrg340-1

I feel like I need to preface this post with a little story about my thoughts on Conor Oberst. I have always resented and hated the man and with the release of this album, I am going to make my best attempt to give him a chance. You see, I was first exposed to Conor's music back when I did a fanzine. I was a pop-punker through and through and I really didn't have ears for much beyond that. Saddle Creek had sent me the Bright Eyes' album, "Fevers and Mirrors" and I thought it was just complete horseshit. Again, let me reiterate the fact that there was no way I could like anything other than pop-punk and ska-punk in the mid 90s.

Years later, I was again exposed to Bright Eyes and although I had matured a bit in my musical tastes, I just didn't care for the music. After reading numerous music editors touting Conor Oberst as the voice of our generation and everyone praising him as our greatest songwriter, a seed of hatred was planted. That seed germinated and grew out of control as I read more and more about Conor, I just could not stand what he represented. And then at some point, I am sure it was around the time, when he was dating Wynona Ryder, my thoughts about him had grown to full blown hatred. Anytime I heard his music, even if it sounded interesting, I had a reflex in me that just pictured Conor and Wynona together and I just could not get into his music.

Even more years later...Today in fact, I thought about the notion that I should be excited about someone who has accomplished so much on an independent level. I applaud his accomplishments and with the release of his debut album, his first under the name Conor Oberst and his first for the label Merge, I am going to put all of my hatred behind me and give the album a good listen. Wish me luck.

So yes, Conor has a new album out. We have it available as a pre-order. The album comes with a coupon for an MP3 download. For those of you who love Conor and Bright Eyes, i am sure this will be worth giving a listen to. We should have copies by or before August 5th.

• 6 years later...

Good

This person gets it. It's good. :D I'm really bummed at this thread that there were only like 12 replies in 2008...I was in the Army, what's your excuse?

Also, if you're bummed that you don't own this record, it's 16.99 on Amazon US here:

http://www.amazon.com/Conor-Oberst-Vinyl-OBERST-CONOR/dp/B001APM3Y0/ref=sr_1_2_twi_3_lp_?ie=UTF8&qid=1429744192&sr=8-2&keywords=conor+oberst 

This person gets it. It's good. :D I'm really bummed at this thread that there were only like 12 replies in 2008...I was in the Army, what's your excuse?

Also, if you're bummed that you don't own this record, it's 16.99 on Amazon US here:

http://www.amazon.com/Conor-Oberst-Vinyl-OBERST-CONOR/dp/B001APM3Y0/ref=sr_1_2_twi_3_lp_?ie=UTF8&qid=1429744192&sr=8-2&keywords=conor+oberst

Now Chris has no excuse not to buy this! Grabbed it from Saddle Creek a couple years back. This is one of my favorite albums man. It's so amazing.

Although, I've yet to listen to Upside Down Mountain. Maybe I should just look at that thread, but how does it compare?