Question.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had this huge influx of new people recently, and that's really cool, but most importantly I hope they get the "culture" of this board. We can have disagreements without being really shitty toward one another, and that is awesome.

This is pretty much my favorite "place" on the internet; I would hate to see it get torn apart by assholes or by shady people showing up here.

What a weird post this was. Words don't make sense to me!

what i am most offended by is the fact that people haven't discovered the depth and breadth of the english language. there are words that are so awesome that we've created but nobody ever uses them (probably because people would think you'd sound like a "fag" if you did) -- but seriously, let's all just subscribe to a 'word of the day' website or something and raise the tenor of our dialogue! i propose a ban on any noun or adjective that is three letters or less! let's punch it up here people.

also, i hate paramore not because of their music but because of their business model. it's mad-shitty!

i've never heard any of paramores music but i assume they are terrible because they seem to always be all over the british 'alternative' music presses.

or maybe its just because the singer is so photogenic.

nah, it IS probably the first point - the presses over here seem to devote 90% of their articles on the crappest of the crap.

Paramore sounds like an Avril Lavigne clone. Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest.

I don't hear this at all, honestly. First off, Paramore write, arrange and record their own songs. Secondly, no matter how much hatred the Punknews Nation puts out toward them currently, kids are fucking TALENTED, especially for their age (their drummer is only 16 -- and this band has been touring full-time for 2+ years).

Guest conoley
I'm going to go out on a limb here and probably look like a big fag, but I just heard that song Misery Business by Paramore and wondered if they have any vinyl out. Fuck that song is catchy.

Ah, come on. Is that really necessary?

Guest scriptedrain
Paramore sounds like an Avril Lavigne clone. Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest.

I don't hear this at all, honestly. First off, Paramore write, arrange and record their own songs. Secondly, no matter how much hatred the Punknews Nation puts out toward them currently, kids are fucking TALENTED, especially for their age (their drummer is only 16 -- and this band has been touring full-time for 2+ years).

I'm not hating on them or their talent and I don't care how they arrange or record their songs or what their tour schedule is. I'm using my ears and saying their music sounds like stuff Avril has made and the singer sounds like Avril to me.

Sidenote: Punknews Nation?? Bahaha.

Guest scriptedrain
This band blows, I don't even understand the hype and I'm generally a fan of anything poppy.

Also, that FBR 7" boxset thingie is in the clearance bins at Hot Topic for 50% off, not sure if its the same one or not.

Our Hot Topic has had 3 copies of that since before last Christmas season... and it's been 50% off since January. They all remain.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and probably look like a big fag, but I just heard that song Misery Business by Paramore and wondered if they have any vinyl out. Fuck that song is catchy.

back to task:

if you go to www.amazon.co.uk and type in paramore vinyl, misery business, hallelujah and emergency 7"s come up.

and you can get Crushcrushcrush/For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic 7" from www.normanrecords.com. this is supposed to be limited.

back to task:

if you go to www.amazon.co.uk and type in paramore vinyl, misery business, hallelujah and emergency 7"s come up.

and you can get Crushcrushcrush/For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic 7" from www.normanrecords.com. this is supposed to be limited.

Thanks!

I'm a big fan of Paramore, too, saw them a few weeks ago, and I thought they put on an amazing show. Just because they're more popular and make more pop based music doesn't mean they suck. They have many 7"s, but no LPs. They of course have the single from the FBR box set (which doesn't suck either), then they have:

Emergency w/ b-side O-Star, on black

Misery Business w/ b-side Sunday, Bloody Sunday on red

Misery Business w/ b-side My Hero (electronic mix of Foo Fighters cover), on clear

Hallelujah (UK Single) w/ etched artwork on b-side, black

Hallelujah w/ b-side of Decoy (I think a demo), black

CrushCrushCrush (avail. 11/27) w/ b-side of For A Pessimist...(live) color unknown

CrushCrushCrush (avail. 11/27) w/ b-side of Misery Business (live) color unknown

That's a lot. I have most of them, and am probably going to complete my collection soon. I bought the box set when it came out, it has album versions of Pressure and Emergency, you'll probably be able to find it on eBay for a fair price. Everyone likes different music. So screw em.