From the Bottom 179 of 200

So...Who wants a copy that doubles as a cowboy hat?

Gotta give extra love to the USPS for this effort

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I'm actually really surprised it's not broken. I'm just bummed because I was looking forward to this LP (which is unusual as I'm not the hugest OWTH fan). Guess that's what I get for buying a copy when I'm not a super fan.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are kinda freaked out by this. We have heard of three copies that had similar things happen. All three by people we are either in kahoots with or know who are. Weird. These are the same mailers we use all day, every day. I am left to think that maybe something happened at the same point in their journey. Like in a hub in California? I am particularly bummed because we have no back up copies. Ordinarily, I'd say "send them on back" and we would replace them. Not even an option this time.

So... if anyone wants to return one, please do. We will give you a credit. Not a perfect solution, but... I extend the offer.

-- Judging from the photos I've seen, we could have packed these in triple-layered cardboard and they would still be crushed. Freaking bummed!

i've never had to try it, but you could always try the low oven setting version of flattening the record ???

but man, that does suck.

Pretty sure that would ruin the record...wouldn't the grooves get all fucked up?

Logic tells you that it would, but apparently it fixes it, from what I've heard.

Don't particularly want to try, though.

Yeah, I want to be clear that I in no way think this is No Idea's fault at all. There's no amount of cardboard or bubble wrap that could have helped this (short of a huge ass box). It's obvious it got wedge in between something in transit or had something placed on it. I'm thinking it had to be while in transit or holding because I think a bend like that can only happen over time.

I'm going to try and lay it on a flat surface and put some books on it to see if it'll flatten out at all.

Yeah, I want to be clear that I in no way think this is No Idea's fault at all. There's no amount of cardboard or bubble wrap that could have helped this (short of a huge ass box). It's obvious it got wedge in between something in transit or had something placed on it. I'm thinking it had to be while in transit or holding because I think a bend like that can only happen over time.

I'm going to try and lay it on a flat surface and put some books on it to see if it'll flatten out at all.

If it's warm outside, do the book thing outdoors. The heat of the sun will make the process faster and since there will be books covering it, the record won't be in direct sunlight.

If it's warm outside, do the book thing outdoors. The heat of the sun will make the process faster and since there will be books covering it, the record won't be in direct sunlight.

That's a really good tip, I was going to suggest it as well!