MLB Discussion

Yea I was just about to say that. Without a hard cap the Yankees and Red Sox will dominate that division. Its sad to say but its true. Weird shit can happen like the Rays going to the WS but that defintiely wont happen often.

Those 2 clubs just have more money than they know what to do with and will continue to use that to throw their weight around.

but at the same time... in the last 20 years.. the Jays won two world series, and the Rays have been one of the best teams in baseball for the last say 5-6... and the orioles were dominant in the early to mid 90's.... the AL east is probably always going to be an absolute beast.. and teams that would probably be constant threats in other divisions look like also rans because they're running into the last decade of NY/Bos superiority

my dad brought this up weeks ago, and i thought he was just talking out of his ass, but ive gotta believe him at this point. he puts all the fault on francona for the sox slow start (every season), saying they start sluggish because he handles the preseason like an asshat, and almost only plays younger guys.. most of whom well never see in the bigs. the regulars get very little playing time, as if to say "well of course theyre gonna make the team, so why bother?" well you should bother, because they keep going into the season rusty as fuck.

so look at them now. almost 3 weeks into the season, and NOW theyre catching their stride. theyre hitting, theyre pitching, theyre playing solid D.

cannot say enough about what jed lowrie is doing right now. hes already got 4 3-hit games after going 4/5 today... with another dinger and 4 rbis.

and dice-k. thank... goooooodddddddd. weve seen so few performances like this from him that my friends and i spent the entire game just waiting for the implosion. and it was rough, because it didnt even allow us to fully enjoy how fantastic his outing was today.

No team has had two pitchers win 8 of their teams first 15 games since 1945. Which is what the Angels have done this year. Now if they could just hit...

Yea those dudes have been dominant and the main reason why they have a good record so far. Everyone else has been just meh and the pen started horrible but has been ok on this winning streak.

They definitely need to get those bats going. Hopefully Kendrys can come back soon and be what he was before the injury, that would be a huge help.

cannot say enough about what jed lowrie is doing right now. hes already got 4 3-hit games after going 4/5 today... with another dinger and 4 rbis.

and dice-k. thank... goooooodddddddd. weve seen so few performances like this from him that my friends and i spent the entire game just waiting for the implosion. and it was rough, because it didnt even allow us to fully enjoy how fantastic his outing was today.

Lowrie should have the starting job. He's been the best hitter on the team so far this season. How Scutaro has managed to hold onto his spot is beyond me. Lowrie proved last season he deserved it and it's pretty obvious starting this season as well.

you cant take anything away from scutaro though. he was a solid force all season last year.. obviously part of that gets attributed to him being one of the very few to hit the DL. but right now, theres no way francona can sit lowrie... and its just tough on scutaro, because he was brought to this team to be the starting short stop, and didnt do anything to lose that spot. sure hes off to a bit of a slow start right now, but before lowrie went on this tear, everyone else was too. another thing that needs to be said for marco, is that since coming to the sox, he has been their most consistent bases loaded hitter. thats a big deal.

my dad brought this up weeks ago, and i thought he was just talking out of his ass, but ive gotta believe him at this point. he puts all the fault on francona for the sox slow start (every season), saying they start sluggish because he handles the preseason like an asshat, and almost only plays younger guys.. most of whom well never see in the bigs. the regulars get very little playing time, as if to say "well of course theyre gonna make the team, so why bother?" well you should bother, because they keep going into the season rusty as fuck.

so look at them now. almost 3 weeks into the season, and NOW theyre catching their stride. theyre hitting, theyre pitching, theyre playing solid D.

I don't think you can put the entire blame on Tito. You also have to remember they have a new pitching coach so it might take a while for them to get on the same page. It also takes new players some time to get adjusted to playing with a new team. Especially in the case of Crawford. Think about how much pressure he must be under after signing that huge contract and coming to a city with very large expectations on his shoulders.

The same can be said with a lot of their bullpen.

Spring training is used by a lot of teams to see what kind of talent they have in the minor league system as well. So the regulars might not see as much playing time.

Not saying I completely agree with that, but it does happen.

Lowrie should have the starting job. He's been the best hitter on the team so far this season. How Scutaro has managed to hold onto his spot is beyond me. Lowrie proved last season he deserved it and it's pretty obvious starting this season as well.

Lowrie has been injured/sick most of the past two seasons. Which would reflect in his limited playing time. I really hope he can keep up how he's been playing. I think for the rest of the season they'll platoon him and scutaro and then next season when scutaro's contract is up they'll give Lowrie the starting job.

I picked a bad night to go to a Rangers game last night.

I was at a show and didnt get to see it. Just the highlights and box score. Looks like all the big names for the Angels didnt do shit and all the young kids mashed last nite. That kid Conger is gonna be bad ass which means we can hopefully play Maths MUCH less. Its funny that I use to watch Conger play travel ball against my little brother when they were like 12, 13 and now Im a big fan of the kid. Kinda weird.

Bourjas man..........dude's good.

That catch was insane. He's having an amazing series. He isnt that great offensively but has done well in this series and he's playing his usual great defense. I thought he hurt himself on that catch, he seems ok now.

Im still wondering what they'll do once Mike Trout is ready to come up.

chapman hit 106 mph last night. fuck... that is fasst.

That is just so ridiculous, it doesnt even seem fair.

Apparently the gun at GABP was a little hot that night. I was watching the game on tv, and the Fox Sports - OH topped out at 105, and apparently at a game this week it showed Logan Ondrusek hitting 100. Either way, I was at the game tonight and Chapman hit 102 or 103 on the gun at the park. It's a lot of fun to get to watch him in person. Too bad our bats didn't show up tonight.