MLB Discussion

cant wait for you to leave this thread in a week

go pirates! oh wait, they havent even won a pennant since 79' do you remember that? oh yeah, you werent even born yet.

go crawl back in your hole till next season, and THEN, you can TRY and keep dreaming of at least, a pennant.

GO CARDINALS!

(this thead will be dead in a week anyway)

napoli pulled through for them last night w/ a 3 run shot...not the reason they won though...

Then what WAS the reason? Cause he's basically won the last two games for them.

I wouldn't say he won last nights game. Moreland made it 1-2 and Beltre tied it up. Yes, he hit the go ahead RBI, but to say he won the game is a little extreme.

With that said, Napoli is a beast and has become my favorite player. I'm so glad Scioscia didn't like him :)

I use to like Scioscia, now he just seems kinda nutty.

Me and some friends that are Angels fans all loved Napoli and had no idea why he never got to play full time with Mathis just spotting on rest days. He was definitely a fan favorite in Anaheim. Mathis is easily one of the worst players in all of baseball. We all knew Napoli could be the player he is now if he got a fair shot. I thought Scioscia, being the great catcher he was, really knew something that I was missing here. He obviously completely fucked this situation up and we ended up with a horrible catcher and the worst contract in all of baseball while our division rival has the current WS MVP. Scioscia has a massive hard on for Mathis and the dude is horrible. He's pretty good behind the plate but no where near the best defensive catcher around and Napoli, I thought, was just as good behind the plate. Plus his bat is infinitely better than Mathis ever thought about being. Mathis handles the staff pretty well apparently but its not like Napoli couldnt do the same thing and Im sure the Angels pitchers would rather have Napoli in the line up and giving them run support than having Mathis behind the plate playing slightly better on defense and adding nothing offensively.

Now Im hearing that a lot of GMs the Angels are looking at are worried about coming to Anaheim cause Scioscia has so much power within the organization. Its almost like some sort of Al Davis situation. Im fine with Scioscia being the manager but he needs to do that and really learn from this whole situation because he caused this. If Napoli was the starter like he should have been they wouldnt have made that trade. I knew I should have never trusted someone who came from the Dodgers! haha

Its not like Im bitter about this or anything.

napoli pulled through for them last night w/ a 3 run shot...not the reason they won though...

maybe if you watched the game you would know this, but Holland pitched a hell of a game with only like 3 hits or something...the 3 run shot didnt matter when the final score was 4-0

maybe if you watched the game you would know this, but Holland pitched a hell of a game with only like 3 hits or something...the 3 run shot didnt matter when the final score was 4-0

No kidding...I LOVE Holland. He's been hit or miss this season, but this is his first season to start. And he's on, he's freakin ON. The Rangers were THIS close to trading him this season and I just kept praying that he would stay with us.

Is Holland the one with the worst mustache of all time?

Yep...it started out to be funny, but now it's just ridiculous. He needs to shave it. But man is he funny...did you see the impressions he did during the game?

Yea at the end of the reg. season I saw a Texas game and all these people had signs about 'staches for him and then I saw him and was like...thats not even a 'stache. I was totally confused on the whole thing. He should shave or pluck that thing

DAT SHIT CRAY

understatement!

HO-LY SHIT! HO-LY SHIT!

my god, i am just so damn excited about that game. absolutely rocking the shit out of my cards hat tomorrow.

rock that shit hard! i was at that game last night...i think i pooped and peed in my pants simultaneously. im still baffled...down to the last strike...TWICE!!! FREESE YOUR the FUCKING MAN!!

GO CARDINALS!!!

Yeah dude, what a series! STL was a madhouse on Friday night. You could hardly move downtown..

On the other hand the news was showing Texas downtown after their wins at home and it was like a ghost-town.

...this is what makes baseball in STL something special. It's been said, but st.louis does have the best fans in the game. I really don't know why the annoucers (ESP Joe Buck, from stl) sound so biased when they are announcing. When joe used to announce for STL he was all about them, now it sounds like he's paid to be a biased, American league snob.

11 in 11'!