MLB Discussion

Don't know if any of you actually stuck around to watch STL/NYM, I thought it was highlights when I was at a bar watching the celtics and it was STILL on. God bless you if you stayed with it.

In other news, flood have fun, where your seats at?

Crazy game! LaRussa really blew it when he double-switched for Holliday. Having the pitcher's spot behind Albert made it all too easy to IBB him.

Also: I think it says a lot about the kind of season the Mets can expect if they can only manage 2 runs off 2 position players.

Don't know if any of you actually stuck around to watch STL/NYM, I thought it was highlights when I was at a bar watching the celtics and it was STILL on. God bless you if you stayed with it.

In other news, flood have fun, where your seats at?

Crazy game! LaRussa really blew it when he double-switched for Holliday. Having the pitcher's spot behind Albert made it all too easy to IBB him.

Also: I think it says a lot about the kind of season the Mets can expect if they can only manage 2 runs off 2 position players.

Yeah a 2-1 game is ok for 9 innings. 20.....Im shocked at the lack of runs on STL though..so it goes

we had seats in section 430, which were actually a wonderful view... they did a really nice job with the upper deck seats as far as viewing angle. Not to mention we sat near a whole bunch of lunatics which made the game super enjoyable

my favorite seats when i go to Rays games are in the upper deck, behind home plate. you can see everything

sox have been a little embarrassing to watch.

Just got home from that Sox/Rays "Lackey takes one in the Face on Pats Day" game. I dont know what is going on. Ortiz too old? Lowell should hit more? The people the Sox signed not as good as on paper? Thought the team was better than this. Oh well, off to the Bruins..Will finish this discussion in the other board.

sox have been a little embarrassing to watch.

Just got home from that Sox/Rays "Lackey takes one in the Face on Pats Day" game. I dont know what is going on. Ortiz too old? Lowell should hit more? The people the Sox signed not as good as on paper? Thought the team was better than this. Oh well, off to the Bruins..Will finish this discussion in the other board.

Looks like, to me, Ortiz may have benefited a good amount from the 'roids, even if it was just confidence.

Beltre should be better than Lowell, I bet Beltre gets better when the weather gets warmer.

No doubt the Sox should try to get a bat. Adrian Gonzalez makes sense but do the Sox have enough youth to get him?

The Red Sox problems all lie in the offense. They are 29th in runs scored and 20th in HR's. They have one, maybe two, guys who are big offensive threats. Pitching and defense is nice but when you can't score runs and don't get one of those two you are in trouble.

Have you been watching this series? Boston's defense has been hysterical. So many misplayed bounces off the monster, missed liners and ground balls. Especially in the first game, they gave up so many runs off errors. Their offense hasn't been great, but the defense definitely cost them

The Red Sox problems all lie in the offense. They are 29th in runs scored and 20th in HR's. They have one, maybe two, guys who are big offensive threats. Pitching and defense is nice but when you can't score runs and don't get one of those two you are in trouble.

Have you been watching this series? Boston's defense has been hysterical. So many misplayed bounces off the monster, missed liners and ground balls. Especially in the first game, they gave up so many runs off errors. Their offense hasn't been great, but the defense definitely cost them

Not for nothing, Manny was taking balls off the wall every day at practice to be able to one hand that shit. You move jacoby from center to left and..well...hes been a tad shaky at best...ADD being hurt, and you have jeremy hermeida in left, with bill fucking hall in center...which is just 2/3 bad outfielding...

And yes..in short..defense has been piss poor

Just so we're clear, The Red Sox need a bat specifically to compete with the Yankees, right? Because they're already way better than every other team in the league. Beltre is supposedly the best defensive 3B of all time, so even if he doesn't hit a ton, he provides enough value to make him worthwhile. They have a bunch of guys banged up, right? Ellsbury and Cameron, to name a couple.

Ortiz was on juice and in his prime. Now he's 6 years older and juice-free. He is done, son. You'd be better off letting Mike Lowell take those DH ABs.

the sox are just a mess offensively, and so far what i thought was the best rotation in baseball can't get out of their own way.

They're in a heapload of trouble... the Rays are looking like the real deal again, and the Yanks are just destroying opponents despite they're #2 & #3 hitters hitting a combined <.200, and besides vasquez their pitching looks amazing... once johnson and texiera get their shit together its going to be a blood bath.

the sox are just a mess offensively, and so far what i thought was the best rotation in baseball can't get out of their own way.

They're in a heapload of trouble... the Rays are looking like the real deal again, and the Yanks are just destroying opponents despite they're #2 & #3 hitters hitting a combined <.200, and besides vasquez their pitching looks amazing... once johnson and texiera get their shit together its going to be a blood bath.

That's unrealistic to expect. Burnett could continue to be good but likely he won't, based on his previous efforts. Pettite is old. CC should be good but outside of that I wouldn't expect the Yankee pitching to dominate anyone.

And I would also assume your entire line-up isn't going to smoke for long periods. But enjoy it while it lasts, fo shizzle.

Nick Johnson is hitting .158/.407/289. For a guy who can't get a hit, he's getting on base a shitload as the #2 hitter. I'd take a .200/.450/.335 line for the year if he's hitting in front of Teix and A-Rod.

Even if Boston is struggling right now, it's early. You can't judge a season in two weeks. At the end of the year, I fully expect it to go Yankees / Red Sox / Rays, as per usual. Both the Red Sox and Yankees are STACKED in all categories. Not sure which lineup or rotation you'd rather have in the AL or NL right now.