MLB Discussion

I HATE the Yanks but I think they will win the next series. I must say I agree with Dan on this.

I just dont like the Rangers cause they are in my teams division but I dont have anything against them. Id like to see them beat the Yankees but I dont see that happening. Should be fun to watch but I dont expect the series to last long. The Yankees dont fuck around when it comes playoff time.

Would like to see Lee vs Sabathia before they become teammates agagin. Is that gonna be possible this year?

im rooting for the rangers, i hope they win in 5 so cliff lee can have 3 - 4 complete games in the playoffs. also, cliff lee, cc sabathia, roy halladay and tim lincicum are all one series away from the world series. one thing you can say is that whoever plays in the world series has a definite stud arm on their rotation.

i don't think we'll see CC v. Lee in the series sadly.. from what i've heard he won't be starting game one because of already pitching yesterday.... and the yanks rotation supposedly will be this

game 1 - CC

Game 2 - petitte

game 3 - hughes

game 4 burnett/ or CC if its a must win.

and i think Lee is going game 2 or 3.

The rangers are a solid team but player for player they don't match up.. not to mention the yanks had a better record playing a good majority of their games against boston/tampa/toronto... and the rangers spent a good deal playing sub-500 teams.

i don't think we'll see CC v. Lee in the series sadly.. from what i've heard he won't be starting game one because of already pitching yesterday.... and the yanks rotation supposedly will be this

game 1 - CC

Game 2 - petitte

game 3 - hughes

game 4 burnett/ or CC if its a must win.

and i think Lee is going game 2 or 3.

The rangers are a solid team but player for player they don't match up.. not to mention the yanks had a better record playing a good majority of their games against boston/tampa/toronto... and the rangers spent a good deal playing sub-500 teams.

The Rangers rotation is CJ, Lewis, Lee, Hunter.

The Yanks and Rangers had pretty similar schedules. Of course the Yanks had to play the East teams more because that's their division...besides that, the Yankees played just as many sub 500 teams as the Rangers. Granted, the Rangers sucked against the East, going 19-25, but we managed to beat the Rays in the ALDS and our record against the Yanks was 4-4. I really don't see how the Yanks are THAT much better than the Rangers.

........ R HR RBI BB SO SB OBP SLG AVG

TEX 787 162 740 511 986 123 .338 .419 .276

NYY 859 201 823 662 1136 103 .350 .436 .267

Edit: I can't seem to get those stats to line up...proboards is stupid.

Yankees in 6, Phillies in 5

in which case, I will boycott watching the WS 2 years in a row now

Honestly I really haven't watch much of the post season this year. None of the match ups are really that compelling to me.

I rooted for my teams, Rays and Reds, and now just don't care for anyone else.

Geez...talk about a complete meltdown. They managed to hit everything CC had to offer, but the bullpen couldn't do their job. The bullpen was absolutely awful...especially Oliver, who is usually amazing.

If the Rangers don't pull out a win tomorrow, I don't hold much faith in the series.