MLB Discussion

Giants-Rangers!! Ratings be damned, it's going to be so nice to watch a World Series without any of the perennials. So pumped!

YES!

The only people who would prefer a Yankees/Phillies series are bandwagon-jumping, fairweather fans. If this series gets worse ratings than that series would have, it only proves Yankees fans don't actually like baseball.

or you know they're yankees or phillies fans.

i'll be rooting for the giants.. since my grandpa was a huge ny giants fan, they beat the phillies, and it'll piss off george bush and a ton of rednecks ;)

YES!

The only people who would prefer a Yankees/Phillies series are bandwagon-jumping, fairweather fans. If this series gets worse ratings than that series would have, it only proves Yankees fans don't actually like baseball.

and it'll piss off a ton of rednecks

...yes, because this is exactly the type of fans the Rangers have. ::)

YES!

or you know they're yankees or phillies fans.

i'll be rooting for the giants.. since my grandpa was a huge ny giants fan, they beat the phillies, and it'll piss off george bush and a ton of rednecks ;)

thats his point, they're fans of a team, not the sport.

george bush doesnt own the team anymore, i think the fact they're in the world series without him should piss him off a ton already.

ok for everyone who doesn't have a horse in the race now, what does your team need to do to retool for next year?

I think the yanks really need to do the following (what i'd personally like them to do)

resign jeter/mariano/pettite/Wood let vasquez and all the other late season FA's go

Sign another starter, ideally Cliff Lee, if burnett can't get his shit together move him to the bullpen and give nova a shot... giving a rotation of

CC / Lee / Pettitte / Hughes / Nova or Burnett

bullpen - something along the lines of Rivera / Wood / Joba / Roberston / Marte / mitre

Move Jeter to third, have a rotation of him and A-Rod at 3rd/DH

Bring up / Trade for a really fast, young shortstop...

infield = Tex / Cano / rookie SS / Jeter or Arod

Catcher = Posada / Montero (it'll most likely be posada's last year... so Montero needs to get some starts to get him ready)

Outfield - i'm totally happy with Swisher / Granderson / Gardner with Thames as a 4th/pinch hitter

Tigers: Get some better starting pitching. Hopefully Porcello isn't ruined but we need a third guy behind Verlander and Scherzer. Please release or trade Zumaya, he's been worthless for a couple years now due to injury. We are going to need either a big hitting outfielder(Dunn) but I would actually prefer a better defensive outfielder because of the big park. We are still close and one move could put us over the top.

I hate being misquoted hahahaha

:)

Angels really need to get Crawford. He would be a big help on offense and defense. Crawford/Bourjos/Hunter would be the best defensive OF in baseball.

They really need a third baseman. If they could get Beltre for cheap Id like to see that happen. Frandsen/Callaspo is not going to get the job done at third.

They also need a lot of help in their pen. Glad they got rid of Fuentes, now they just need to find a couple new arms for the pen. Would love to see them sign a new starter as well. If they do that maybe they could move Kazmir to the pen. I think he'd be much more effective in middle relief. He's been absolutely terrible as a starter.

Would like to see them re-sign Weaver before he hits the free agent market but seeing as he's a Boras client I wont hold my breath.

Yea I dont think Bletre will be cheap either and he always has his biggest years on walk years so he did put up nice numbers this year but Im not sure if he'll repeat it. Would still take him tho.

Id take Aramis Ramirez too if the Angels could get him.

I heard they are looking at Melvin Mora also. Any of them would be better than what the Angels currently have at third.

is pujols under a club option this year? i saw him listed as the number 1 potential free agent

I think he's a free agent after 2011

He has the one year option or he can become a free agent after the World Series.

The area I live in is St. Louis country and that's the talk of the town now that La Russa is coming back.

So I heard Cliff Lee's wife REALLY doesnt want him to go to NY. I guess she was in the visitors section in the stands for the playoff games and was disgusted by their fans. I know that $160MM~ might make her change her mind but he's gonna get a massive payday regardless of where he signs.

It would be so awesome if he didnt go to NY. Id actually rather have him stay in Texas it was between them and NY and Texas is in my team's division. Really just dont want him to go to NY.