MLB Discussion

picked up puig but totally dropped the ball on grabbing wacha off waivers and i hate myself for it. i was able to grab gausman but everything points to wacha being much more polished and more immediately productive.

with crawford and kemp on the DL, who's in the dodgers outfield? ethier, puig? van slyke?

9 homers in 10 games for Dom Brown.

Kinda happy that worked out for the Phils (or at least seems to have worked out). Always like the Rollins / Victorino / Utley / Howard combo and they really need ONE solid dude on the way up to build around going forward...

He's playing out of his mind right now. Curious to see what his end of season stats end up being

i love reading all the analysis on brown. stat nerds are saying it's unsustainable because he's not walking, but something like 14 of his homers have been in hitters' counts, and he's working into more favorable counts in the first place. then, once he's there, he has increased his swing rate by almost 20%, taking advantage of the better pitches he's getting. his chase rate (outside the zone) is higher, but so is his contact rate.

i'm basically just reciting what i've read. but his walk rate really isn't that low despite all the hubbub about no walks in may. it's somewhat of a statistical anomaly anyway, just like this homer binge.

Please not Braun. Really hoping not. hahaha. Pretty hopeless at this point though, looking very much like it.

Mike T is gonna shit himself if braun is suspended. this team is definitely going to be selling come july. the guy i'm playing this week in my H2H league has braun and we're tied for 2nd so i am A-OK with the events unfolding today