MLB Discussion

A 3B to the Braves seems like the most obvious trade that could happen this year. They've got lots of young arms and maybe Gattis, depending on their plans with Mccann. Not that they are in a rush to trade Gattis, but he looks too talented to be a utility man.

Isn't McCann a free agent after this year? Trade him to a contender (if they're willing to do that) and keep Gattis for all of his cost controlled years. Although Gattis isn't a great catcher at all, suppose he's okay for now.

their rotation is a mess. i added him a few days ago with the hope he'd get the call-up but they keep using shitty spot starts from their bullpen. i think he's got good makeup and could be the twins' #1 (which, like you said, isn't saying much, but still)

He's looked great since coming back from surgery. Velocity is very strong, he was a top 30 guy before the surgery as well. Love the grounder/strikeout combo.

Wood gets to close out the Jays game with an 8 run lead. 1 IP, 1 hit. Looked good.

Yup, watched a batter or two of his. Only a few pitches but looked good.

Wacha looked awesome though. They showed some stills of his mechanics and they're not ideal but he was getting some fantastic velocity and broke off some very nice curves.

Isn't McCann a free agent after this year? Trade him to a contender (if they're willing to do that) and keep Gattis for all of his cost controlled years. Although Gattis isn't a great catcher at all, suppose he's okay for now.

Goes both ways. Teams are going to be more interested in Gattis because he can be controlled fir a couple years.

If Mccann got traded, it would have to be an AL team. Atlanta wouldn't want to help out an NL contender.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/prospect-hot-sheet-may-31-wil-myers-heats-up/

Heard about that guy at the bottom, he's younger than my sister and playing in A ball. That's really scary. I remember the first time I read about a prospect younger than me, that creeped me out. This is worse.

I'm gonna be buying someone a record.

You went bold, but yeah, Royals got issues.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/prospect-hot-sheet-may-31-wil-myers-heats-up/

Heard about that guy at the bottom, he's younger than my sister and playing in A ball. That's really scary. I remember the first time I read about a prospect younger than me, that creeped me out. This is worse.

Get used to it. The weirdest thing for me was when that "you must have been born by this date in ... to buy alcohol" rolled over into the 90s. Didn't seem right. Used to it now.

You went bold, but yeah, Royals got issues.

Get used to it. The weirdest thing for me was when that "you must have been born by this date in ... to buy alcohol" rolled over into the 90s. Didn't seem right. Used to it now.

Yeah, it's just crazy since I remember all these guys being far older than me not even a few years ago. Now we have guys like Machado and Harper and Trout that are within a year of me and it's weird seeing this.

Turning 20 was probably the most personally shocking birthday I've had. So weird growing up, hah.

Yeah, it's just crazy since I remember all these guys being far older than me not even a few years ago. Now we have guys like Machado and Harper and Trout that are within a year of me and it's weird seeing this.

Turning 20 was probably the most personally shocking birthday I've had. So weird growing up, hah.

it'll be far weirder when they're finally younger than you. mike trout made me feel very insignificant last year haha

Freddie Freeman is hitting .487 (19-39) with RISP and .317 overall. Who would have picked him to be the all star over Heyward 3 years ago.

didn't they share a sports illustrated cover together? i think people knew they would both be future faces of the franchise. i was two years behind freddie in our high school's baseball program. i watched him crush balls his senior year, then straight up cruise through the minors. coupled with his 2010 season it's really not a surprise to me. bobby cox once said freddie had one of the sweetest left-handed swings he'd ever seen.

trivia: giancarlo went two picks before freddie in 2007.

didn't they share a sports illustrated cover together? i think people knew they would both be future faces of the franchise. i was two years behind freddie in our high school's baseball program. i watched him crush balls his senior year, then straight up cruise through the minors. coupled with his 2010 season it's really not a surprise to me. bobby cox once said freddie had one of the sweetest left-handed swings he'd ever seen.

trivia: giancarlo went two picks before freddie in 2007.

If anything he's been a slight disappointment so far. he hasn't been that valuable at all.

cutchspin.gif

I love McCutchen.

FYI - Puig's note in Yahoo:

Dodgers prospect outfielder Yasiel Puig is playing center field with with Double-A Chattanooga for the second straight game Friday.

Advice: When Puig started there Thursday, many thought it was because the Dodgers were planning to call up Joc Pederson. However, Pederson is in left field on Friday, so it appears that the Dodgers could be evaluating Puig for a possible call-up. He might be worth a speculative add in deeper fantasy leagues.

Not saying he is a slam dunk to succeed if called up, but he an automatic pickup in every format to get control of him and see what happens

FYI - Puig's note in Yahoo:

Dodgers prospect outfielder Yasiel Puig is playing center field with with Double-A Chattanooga for the second straight game Friday.

Advice: When Puig started there Thursday, many thought it was because the Dodgers were planning to call up Joc Pederson. However, Pederson is in left field on Friday, so it appears that the Dodgers could be evaluating Puig for a possible call-up. He might be worth a speculative add in deeper fantasy leagues.

Not saying he is a slam dunk to succeed if called up, but he an automatic pickup in every format to get control of him and see what happens

Add to this that Crawford just left with a pulled hamstring