MLB Discussion

I know it's weird but this Carlos Gomez incident for me is that moment where my rose color glasses for baseball kinda broke for me. I don't think that I'll ever not love the game, but the fact I felt almost nobody got on McCann's case and they saw that moment as a him "standing up for the game" had me burned up way longer than I needed to be. I mean seriously pissed. Like essay writing pissed.

http://www.baseballnation.com/2013/9/26/4772080/carlos-gomez-home-run-braves-brewers-brian-mccann

the comments are fucking gold

also, two of the three articles that are listed under additional reviewing the unwritten law articles involve the braves. what a bunch of fuddie-duddies

Woooo

I want the next batter that hits a home run off the Braves to proceed to do the Ric Flair strut around the bases. If McCann gets in his way, he gets the figure 4 leglock slapped on him.

by Homer Unking on 09.26.13 3:12pm

up reply

one day flair and slow home run trots will come back and replace this arrogant "respect for the game."

i know girardi can't really come out and say anything negative about selig for no reason in a press conference but i'm afraid everyone's going to blow selig because of his PEDs witch hunt and instant replay nonsense in the last couple of years. it would be doing a lot of teams and people a grave disservice.

cano has zero sense of reality

so I just finally saw the Gomez incident. im very confused on what the fuck happened. he hits a home run and then starts being a punk? what the hell was that about? why did freeman get tossed? was he throwing punches or something? one of the announcers asked the same question and said all he did was yell at gomez to put his head down and run (although im sure not as nicely). the only conclusion I can make from this is that Gomez is a punk.

Going to my last Twins game of the year tomorrow. Scored some seats behind home plate for free.

nice! but I hope we crush you guys and keep this streak going. its crazy how good the Tribe and Rays. both teams have won 7 straight and 12 out of their last 15.

so how about that Chris Perez. fucking a. perfect time for him to just completely collapse. 3 games left in the regular season and fighting for a wild card spot. he past 2 outings - 1.1 IP, 7 H, 3 HR, 6 ER. awesome.

LOL McCann

“In the heat of the moment, I did what I thought was right,” McCann said. “I stand by what I did. I’m sticking up for this team. I don’t think that’s a part of baseball. Reading what [Gomez] said last night, I think he agrees with it.”

Yeah OK. Guy acts like asshole running around bases, let me prevent him from touching home plate, and give my bench player a reason to come in and sucker punch somebody, because this new unwritten rule supercedes written rules. Alright guy. I guess thats a new part of baseball.

so I just finally saw the Gomez incident. im very confused on what the fuck happened. he hits a home run and then starts being a punk? what the hell was that about? why did freeman get tossed? was he throwing punches or something? one of the announcers asked the same question and said all he did was yell at gomez to put his head down and run (although im sure not as nicely). the only conclusion I can make from this is that Gomez is a punk.

LOL okay.

haha ignore mike's brewers bias... we discussed it for a couple of pages though. maholm hit gomez earlier in the year, gomez's eyeballs literally came out of their sockets, gomez took him yard, gomez mouthed off, freeman mouthed off, mccann blocked the plate, shit hit the fan. gomez definitely went to unnecessarily far with the staring and shit because it was just plain weird and the braves are the "respect the game" police aka fucking crybabies. the end.

LOL.  love how McCann was jawing at Gomez when he came to the plate, yet... Gomez is the asshole here. 

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_09_25_milmlb_atlmlb_1&mode=video&content_id=30950699&tcid=vpp_copy_30950699

Yeah I was talking to my friend the other day about this. I think that there is a bias against Latino players when it comes to the certain aspects of doing things wrong...mostly when it comes to poor baseball fundamentals, adding extra flair to plays, and "respect the game" ala unwritten rules. Its not overt and in your face but consistent subtle shots. In other words players are definitely praised when they perform well regardless of where they're from, but even David Ortiz's antics are looked at differently than say Johnathan Papelbon. You'll never hear a Latino player be called scrappy, even if he has a beard.

I love baseball, but there are too many traditionalists/fundamentalists that cry over the progression in almost every aspect of the game and always talk about the "way it used to be." It jerks off so much to its history instead of embracing a more sensible future, and they wonder why football has become way more popular in the past 25+ years.

i love that texas and cleveland are only alive because of 17-2 records against houston and chicago. must be nice not having to try 1/8 of the season.

Oh the Indians try, we're just not that good of a team. Not to mention, Chris Perez tries his hardest to make us lose. We play against a team and oir closer. We're lucky to be in the wildcard race.

Yeah I was talking to my friend the other day about this. I think that there is a bias against Latino players when it comes to the certain aspects of doing things wrong...mostly when it comes to poor baseball fundamentals, adding extra flair to plays, and "respect the game" ala unwritten rules. Its not overt and in your face but consistent subtle shots. In other words players are definitely praised when they perform well regardless of where they're from, but even David Ortiz's antics are looked at differently than say Johnathan Papelbon. You'll never hear a Latino player be called scrappy, even if he has a beard.

I love baseball, but there are too many traditionalists/fundamentalists that cry over the progression in almost every aspect of the game and always talk about the "way it used to be." It jerks off so much to its history instead of embracing a more sensible future, and they wonder why football has become way more popular in the past 25+ years.

So then are you suggesting baseball be like football and WRITE those rules down that make the game less fun?.. I guess I don't understand your comparison