MLB Discussion

gus schlosser is a hell of a name, though. also, you scared me for a second because you didn't list santana, and i was wondering who their #5 would be. either way, until hale proves himself, that rotation is, for all intents and purposes, gutted compared to recent years.

I meant that once Minor comes back (Santana already in the rotation) he would make 6 starters so presumably Schlosser would become a long reliever

What kinda team releases their #2 starter??

Well they're anticipating Minor coming back, Santana coming in on week 2 as the #2, and Gavin Floyd coming back in May, which would leave them starter heavy by the 4th week of the season. They just didn't want to pay Garcia his guaranteed 1.25 mil to potentially start 2-3 games and then be in the bullpen (because he can opt out of his minor league clause)

Rule 5 pick Wei-Chung Wang has made the 25-man roster with the Brewers, 22 years old from Taiwan, only pitched 1 season for the PIrates in rookie ball in 2013 before getting selected in the Rule 5 draft.  in spring training he threw 56 of 61 pitches for strikes.  this guy could be a pretty exciting pitcher to watch out of the bullpen