- Teixeria - 34

- Brian Roberts - 36

- Kelly Johnson - 32

- Jeter - 40

- Gardner - 30

- Beltran - 37

- Soriano - 38

And also Ichiro on the bench at 40.

Everyone keeps making a big deal about the Phillies age this year, but man are the Yanks worse. Also when did Soriano get so old???

I'm late to the party on this one. I just saw both of Josh Reddick's catches from the first day of spring baseball. Unbelievable that the catch of the year may have happened before regular season baseball.

for those who havent seen it or just want to see it again....

pgh radio show hosts just made these win predictions for this season for the pirates... 89, 91, 93.  lol, i love the blind optimism in this city

You should read the MLB.com predictions for the playoffs this season. Someone picked the Rays to beat the Pirates in the World Series.

I just realized the Tribe's first game isnt till 10 tonight because were are in Oakland. uhhh....the fuck?!

Its fine to have a later game but make it like 4 or 5 west coast time. all the other late games are  between two west coast teams so its still only 7 for both of them. kind of shady our opening day game is at 10 at night.

anybody know where I could watch tonights Tibe game online?

I said it early in spring training and Ill say it now...

If he stays healthy, Grady is AL Comeback Player of the Year.

my predictions for the year

AL East - Boston

AL Central - Detroit

AL West - ummmm.... Texas

AL Wild Card - Tampa, LA

NL East - Braves

NL Central - Cardinals

NL West - LA

NL Wild Card - Pirates, Nationals

World Series - Tampa over Nationals

I'm late to the party on this one. I just saw both of Josh Reddick's catches from the first day of spring baseball. Unbelievable that the catch of the year may have happened before regular season baseball.

for those who havent seen it or just want to see it again....

I fear the Athletics this year.

Good thing I started scheppers in two leagues today...

Yikes. Making his first major league start and it is on opening day. Im not surprised that he got knocked around a bit as he is trying to transition from being in the pen last year to a starter this year in the majors, but am surprised at how much the Phillies exploded for 14 runs.

I COULD CARE LESS that the sox just lost- i'm just so damn happy to have baseball in my life again. the local dive that i now call home, where i also spent a majority of the post season & the world series clincher, hosted a big opening day party this afternoon. hot dogs getting tossed around, raffles every mid-inning, and just a general appreciation for the mother fucking world champion boston red sox.

lester goes 7 strong innings, and the offense comes up just a lil' bit empty. big fuckin' deal. i'm so happy right now.