MLB Discussion

Rollins will not accept a trade anywhere until he has broken many of the Phillies all-time batting records. Last year he publicy stated that. Plus, the Phillies won't get much in return for him. I'm curious to see what happens with his playing time for this season. He needs to have 434 plate appearances this season for his option to kick in for 2015, and if he continues to has a negative attitude towards things I'm wondering if the Phils front office tells Sandberg to sit him more for Galvis towards the end of the season to prevent the option from vesting. 

Rollins might wave it, but not til he his holding records in Philly. He has made it clear from early in his career that he wants to be a superstar, doesnt care about the team nearly as much as he does himself. He already got himself a ring, so he wont care about making sure he goes to a contender, he wants the records for most hits on a team, and then he wants to make sure he gets his option for next year picked up. If he gets traded it will because Philly will tell him they are benching him after he gets his record and he wont get his option, then he will agree to a team where he will play this year, and next year as well, that wont happen in Detroit.

I just think what he says he wants isn't necessarily what will happen when he starts getting benched in Philly. I think he'll want out pretty fast, not continue playing occasionally until he gets a team record.

I think the key factor is how much he plays, not what he says he wants.

How far away is he from this record?