MLB Discussion

I guess maybe I should take that back -- looks like Colorado has the same batting average that Detroit had as a team last year (.283).

Maybe it's just cause it's dudes like Rutledge, Stubbs, and Dickerson tearing it up that it seems crazy. Also gotta factor in that Colorado has a pitcher probably hitting .100 in the lineup every night too.

Still having a sick season all things considered

Colorado has gotta have one of the highest team batting averages in recent memory. Seems like the bad averages on that team are .280 and there are a bunch of dudes hitting .330+

Have you seen that ballpark? The outfield is massive. And everything travels there. Tulo is the best example. Hitting .200 away and .450 at home.

But more related to your point, it really is just a result of about 5 guys who will play about 100 games each this season all batting in the .300s. Colorado's lineup (and rotation for that matter) is as fluid as any.

Wouldnt be surprised to see the Braves unload a prospect for a bullpen arm. Avilan/Carpenter have been awful and Walden came back and walked the first three batters tonight. I've read some Padres trade rumors.

kinda speaking of which, i heard wood may reenter the rotation around the end of the month? fact or hearsay?

kinda speaking of which, i heard wood may reenter the rotation around the end of the month? fact or hearsay?

Definitely fact. Braves have a doubleheader with the Phillies on the 25th I think? And he will pitch that day for sure. Word is they are shopping Floyd or Harang for a bullpen arm so Wood can finish out the season with about 120 innings